Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who makes the best 3 pin sight? >

Who makes the best 3 pin sight?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who makes the best 3 pin sight?

Old 11-30-2007, 04:16 PM

Default Who makes the best 3 pin sight?

So santa informed me I could pick out some archery equipment and first on my list is a sight upgrade. Being that I only hunt and shoot always less than 40 yards (I do practice at 50 yards at the range to make 30 yards look like nothing) I figure a 3 pin sight is perfect. My question is who makes the best 3 pin sight? I was looking at Spot Hogg but I only found 5 pin sights made by them. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-30-2007, 04:23 PM

Default RE: Who makes the best 3 pin sight?

I would pick what you think is the very best sight and take off any extra pins...for example, I have a Copper John Dead Nuts 2 Supreme (.019 pins). Fantastic sight which comes with 4 pins...easy enough to remove the bottom one and keep 3.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is basically the kind I use but with only three pins. Trophy Ridge.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

You want the BEST sight? IMO nothing comes close to the machining and quality of a Spot-Hogg.There are lots of "quality" sights on the market that will ge thet job done, but their "Hogg-it" line really has no equal. Pick one up and hold it side by side against ANY other sight on the market and you'll see.
Pretty sure you can custom order one in any pin configuration you want. My perfect Hunting sight would actually be a 5 pin Hogg-It "Hunter" model with the new wrap style pins with the first pin being a .green 019 and the other four being a .010 diameter alternating between yellow and green.

The .019 for low light shooting will stand out above the others but thesmaller diameter.010 pins will still be plenty bright and crisp and fine aiming points for when you would actually use them.

IMO the biggest waste in archery sights is having more than just your first pin extra bright or of a wrap style.
all the others will do in low light is cause trouble seeing the animal beyond the stoplight hitting you in the eyes.

I just added another regular "Hogg-it" to my stable for 3D in the .010 wrap pins and they are so nice it's sick.[:-]
Next purchase will probably be the sight I mentioned above, and I'll drop the "Real Deal" model I used the last couple seasons on to a back up bow.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Spike

There is many multipinned sights. You can buy sights with more than one pin and add or take off as many as you want.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:15 PM

Next question... who here that uses a spot hogg has the small guard and who has the large guard. I'm thinking that the 3/8 of an inch difference really doesn't make a difference except for slight decrease in accuracy though there has to be advantages of the larger one.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-01-2007, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

You want the BEST sight? IMO nothing comes close to the machining and quality of a Spot-Hogg.There are lots of "quality" sights on the market that will ge thet job done, but their "Hogg-it" line really has no equal. Pick one up and hold it side by side against ANY other sight on the market and you'll see.
Pretty sure you can custom order one in any pin configuration you want. My perfect Hunting sight would actually be a 5 pin Hogg-It "Hunter" model with the new wrap style pins with the first pin being a .green 019 and the other four being a .010 diameter alternating between yellow and green.

The .019 for low light shooting will stand out above the others but thesmaller diameter.010 pins will still be plenty bright and crisp and fine aiming points for when you would actually use them.

IMO the biggest waste in archery sights is having more than just your first pin extra bright or of a wrap style.
all the others will do in low light is cause trouble seeing the animal beyond the stoplight hitting you in the eyes.

I just added another regular "Hogg-it" to my stable for 3D in the .010 wrap pins and they are so nice it's sick.[:-]
Next purchase will probably be the sight I mentioned above, and I'll drop the "Real Deal" model I used the last couple seasons on to a back up bow.

Wow that's an excellent post. I love my Hogg-It. You can;t beat one for durability. They are completely micro adjust. Including the individual pins. Very nice. I have the 5pin .010" pins. However, like the other Matt said, next year I WILL have the wrap kit. My boss got the wrap kit on his .010" pins and they were bright enough you absolutely would not need a.019" pin as your top pin. It's nice but like everything else Spott Hogg makes, you'll pay dearly for it.

They are very durable. I hear last year the Spott Hogg guy actually stood on one. That's impressive.

I feel comfortable enough with it, that I won't be using a slide bar on my unlimited tournament rig. This will be on it. I LOVE this sight.

However the only thing that gets on my nerves is the 3rd axis leveling. It seems like I can't get anythingadjusted without knocking it out of level.

The pins can be frustrating at first but after you get the hang of it, it's VERY easy.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Oh and get the small guard. You'll like it better when you get it. Unless your bow is super slow, or you get the 7pins.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:28 PM

thanks for the advice. Fortunately my bow isn't super slow!

Quick Reply: Who makes the best 3 pin sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.