Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEED TO VENT!!

Old 11-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: NEED TO VENT!!

Oh, it's on.......it's on like......let me think of something to assimilate.It's on like....."Charles Bronson".....or "Red Dawn"....or the movie "Tron"

Old 11-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Site Buck Guru

Germ, I get that look on my face every morning when I get up and "prepare" for the day.[:'(]
Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah but how hard is it to stalk deer with gun? I could have had me a nice 10 pointer 2 hours ago but since I had a bow it was not a possible shot. And if you know where deer are going to be when you have a gun you just have to show up and shoot but with a bow you need to get there before they do unless you are an excellent stalker and that still does not guarantee a harvest or opportunity for a shot.

(I am not arguing just explaining my view) I guess I forgot to mention that these hunters knew they should not be on the land that there were on when they took those deer. They got away with it that time. (Should have posted that the first time)

I just think the trophy means so much more if taken with a bow rather a gun. The bow hunter has to get a lot closer to the game and be more stealthily for significantly longer time. They have to master the game calls, fight off the freezing cold while only sitting and hardly moving. Then make a great shot for a humane harvest.

These are just my views not trying to argue with anyone or be disrespectful. I know some don’t see it that way which is fine.

I caught the wink
Old 11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: L. Clement

Yeah but how hard is it to stalk deer with gun? I could have had me a nice 10 pointer 2 hours ago but since I had a bow it was not a possible shot. And if you know where deer are going to be when you have a gun you just have to show up and shoot but with a bow you need to get there before they do unless you are an excellent stalker and that still does not guarantee a harvest or opportunity for a shot.

(I am not arguing just explaining my view) I guess I forgot to mention that these hunters knew they should not be on the land that there were on when they took those deer. They got away with it that time. (Should have posted that the first time)

I just think the trophy means so much more if taken with a bow rather a gun. The bow hunter has to get a lot closer to the game and be more stealthily for significantly longer time. They have to master the game calls, fight off the freezing cold while only sitting and hardly moving. Then make a great shot for a humane harvest.

These are just my views not trying to argue with anyone or be disrespectful. I know some don’t see it that way which is fine.

I caught the wink
Dude .... you are talking out of the wrong end ....... <<DELETED>>
Old 11-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Fork Horn

Please enlighten me as to why you think that?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Fork Horn

i love to bow hunt, but as much as i love it, i love rifle season in wisconsin. its a season filled with more comradery and seeing friends that you dont always get to see. I think gun season for me at least is the family part of the hunting season. bow season is great but as much as i look forward to it, i look forward to gun season just as much. if you think im less of a hunter for it, so be it, i dont care, i know im a true hunterwhether people do or dont like gun season
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I like gun season as well, but I was just stating that the big buck taken with a bow is such a more satisfying experience. You make a good point about this spending quality time with the family and friends. I miss being able to do that.

I don’t think less of guns because I still use one on doe’s and muzzles on bucks. As you know some hunters seem to abuse there privileges and it seems as if the ones that carry guns get the flack. I know of a few bow hunters that were caught poaching around my neck of the woods and that was bad for us all.

Good luck this season.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Typical Buck

Rifles, shotguns, bows, arrows? Anyone who doesn't cover themselves in mud and lay on the ground waiting in ambush with a sharp stick in their mouth might as well just not even show up.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: willyd5

This is exactly why I rarely post anything on here. If you do and your views are not like someone else's they get all defensive. I have friends who gun hunt too, and I never said it was everyone who gun hunts. Its the treaspassers, guys shooting from trucks, shooting road signs, destroying farmers fences that sort of thing. Maybe its just worse here. So I will take it all back i was upset and guess I just spoke out of turn.
You will find very few people on here who want to cheerlead about how great we are because we bow hunt. Hunters are hunters. Needless of how they do it. We need to stick together. Losers are losers. Needless of what weapon they use to be loser. But I get so sick of seeing people come on here and start to berate others and try to get us all to jump in on the , "im a better hunter because", band wagon. I feel it is very harmful to hunting, period. As for your mister trady statement, you missed the purpose of my post, so no need to explain it.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Probably not the thread to bring up my cross bow...

Quick Reply: NEED TO VENT!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.