Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Famous in the hunting industry >

Famous in the hunting industry

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Famous in the hunting industry

Old 11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Famous in the hunting industry

An earlier thread about famous "hunters" posting on the forum got me thinking.

Who here has been lucky enough to share a camp, shoot bows with, or just sit down and have a conversation with a person well known throughout the hunting community?

For me I consider myself lucky enough to have talked with Mel Johnson on several differentoccasions when I was younger. He used to come down and turkey hunt by our house, and would usually always make a visit or 2 during his stay. He also used to run the gun check station in my county and was the man that checked me in when I broughin my first ever deer.

I have somewhere an original picture of his World Record deer taken shortly after he got it back to his home. Along with it is a copy of the P&Y score card from the offical scorer.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Famous in the hunting industry

I got pretty drunk with Todd from White Knuckle Productions!! Does that count!!

Old 11-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha sure counts in my book
Old 11-28-2007, 10:14 PM

my best friends (pretty much a brother) uncle is an awesome guy to hang out with. he always takes us huntin and fishing and what not, and has a log cabin at the lake. this past spring, Hank Parker and his son as well as camera crew all came and stayed in that cabin with his uncle for a couple mornings of turkey hunting followed by bass fishing at Barren River Lake and it was pretty cool. seems like a nice guy, and i think he kinda likes that cmere deer!

they ended up killing 3 or 4 toms during their stay i believe.

besides that ive had about a 15-20 minute conversation with david hale of knight and hale game calls, he too seems like a great guy.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:49 AM

you know, they took a group of chimpanzees - this is true by the way - and chimps live in a social heirarchy - like we do - and they put t.v.'s on each side of a room and showed footage of what some of the lower down in the heirarchy chimps were doing on one side - and what the top chimps were doing on the other. the chimps all wanted to watch what the 'famous' chimps were doing.

so, the moral is, don't feel too bad about being involved in celebrity worship, its hard wired into your brain - and now that you know you may be able to resist it .
Old 11-29-2007, 06:52 AM

Nice gibblet!
Old 11-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!!!!!!

Tom
Old 11-29-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've talked at length with Peter Fiduccia and know that he visits this site as well. He owns a good size piece of property as his own personal camp just on the other side of the valley from where I hunt in NY. He's a pretty good guy, and a good neighbor to have......he has the same philosophy that we do on land management, etc.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm on Germ, GMMAT, and Shed's team, that might count as hobnobbing with some famous (or infamous) hunters.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM

Does GregH count?? I know, I know... Im just in complete awe of what he has accomplished. For you guys that are just beginning or have only been bow hunting for a few years... this guy is the epitomy of bowhunting. His accomplishments are rare and he is one helluva nice guy. I have not met him in person but he always has good advice and sound answers to questions.

Quick Reply: Famous in the hunting industry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.