Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows? >

Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Spike

Default Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Did everyone forget about BEar archery?Or are they to busy spneding money on others bows because of the companies name. I here people talk bad about BEar.THe must HAve not shot a 2007 or newer BEar..this company is putting out good stuff for a good price..I must be the only Fan of BEAr..well at least i can Buy a BEar without giving my life saving or my first born.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

I shoot a 07 element and i love it, You have the same Avatar as i do when not in the bowhunting team contest. but yeh theres Bear people on here

Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM

Awesome first post... [&:]

Bear makes a decent product, and if I were budget conscious person, I might consider their bows. There are plenty of other [read; better] bows out there if I'm willing to spend a couple hundred dollars extra.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:08 PM

I love the new Bear bows. I have a Fred Bear Instinct and feel it is a great bow at a very reasonable price.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Nope....I LOVE mine

Old 11-28-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ohio mossy oak

Did everyone forget about BEar archery?Or are they to busy spneding money on others bows because of the companies name. I here people talk bad about BEar.THe must HAve not shot a 2007 or newer BEar..this company is putting out good stuff for a good price..I must be the only Fan of BEAr..well at least i can Buy a BEar without giving my life saving or my first born.
Welcome[&:]

Can I ask why you kept typing BEar?

Oh and I'm in the market, and purchasing a Fred Bear Montana Long bow.

Thats what your shooting, correct, GMMAT?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Yes
Old 11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bear and Fred Bear in particular will always be in my heart as my very first bow was a Bear Black Bear II. I know Bear makes some great bows, always has, probably always will however IMO there is not a bow on the market that tops the Gaurdian and General right now. I'm real curious about the Airbornes and can't wait to get my hands on one.

In all honesty, other than brand loyality, if someone is to shoot the General I can't see them buying another bow. I've never said that about any bow I've owned, ever. They were all too close to call and when finally buying another bow other than Hoyt they were still very close to call but the General (and the Guardian) is heads and shoulders above the rest.

I still have my Bear Black Bear II and oddly enough, it's original string is on it, it's now 22 years old....LOL and I still shoot it from time to time. I might even consider taking a doe with it for old time sakes.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just thinkin bout what you said about takin a doe with the old bow Rob........i think that it would bring back a lot of memories taking that bow into the woods and that it would probly be a very cool and memorable experience especially if you had a succesful hunt with it!
Old 11-28-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Bear and Fred Bear in particular will always be in my heart as my very first bow was a Bear Black Bear II. I know Bear makes some great bows, always has, probably always will however IMO there is not a bow on the market that tops the Gaurdian and General right now. I'm real curious about the Airbornes and can't wait to get my hands on one.

In all honesty, other than brand loyality, if someone is to shoot the General I can't see them buying another bow. I've never said that about any bow I've owned, ever. They were all too close to call and when finally buying another bow other than Hoyt they were still very close to call but the General (and the Guardian) is heads and shoulders above the rest.

Rob, I agree that the Guardian and General are good bows, but not all people like everything about them. Some people might not prefer the draw force curve on them. That's why alot of people shoot a single cam or a smoother drawing Hybrid (i.e Hoyt). Hoyt's bows aren't as fast as the speed bows but they have a nicer draw to them.

I think the Guardian is a nice bow, but saying that it is by far, head and shoulders, and blowing all the other bows out of the water, good, is wrong. Just my opinion. There is no one size fits all bow, that's why the other companies are still in buisness.

Quick Reply: Did everyone forget that BEAr still makes bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.