Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What can you hear from your stand? >

What can you hear from your stand?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Dogs Barking
30.05%
Automobiles/Road traffic
38.42%
Lawns being mowed/leaf blowers/etc...
18.72%
HS Football Game over the loudspeaker
5.91%
Your wife calling you
4.43%
None of the above
2.46%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

What can you hear from your stand?

Old 11-27-2007, 05:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default What can you hear from your stand?

I just wondered how it was where you hunt. I know from visiting an HNI buddy that how we perceive where others hunt is quite likely different than how it actually IS where they hunt.

I hunt around 70 acres of land (access to) that for the most part abutts a parks system that allows no hunting of about 230 acres. I hunt within a couple hundred yards of 3 houses in one spot......and not within 4-500yds in my best spot.

What about you? What can you hear from your stand? Pick all that apply. It's anonymous and just for fun.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What can you hear from your stand?

i can and have heard it all, except the wife yelling for me..

heard kids laughing and playing and other people talking and such...funny how far a voice travels...
Old 11-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

I have a weekend house in a small lake community. We have had a deer overpopulation problem for a few years. This year, they decided to try a resident only archery deer hunt. There are about 30 hunters who have access to 24 different tree stands on about250 acres, It has been great, just like having a private lease. It is a does only hunt, and the only thing that sucks has been having to let a few 10 point 160 class bruisers walk by. As far as what I hear, dogs. cars, trains, kids playing, lawns being mowed.

Rick
Old 11-27-2007, 06:02 AM

I hear and see I-94 from my stand. My favorite spot is a matter of yards from the interstate, it kind of works in my advantage too because all the road noise covers up any noises I make getting in and setup.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:05 AM

How bout all of the above and then some. Add to the last that I have an airport on the one side of the property I hunt, and a maximum security state prison and the new county jail on the other. I can also hear the IUP marching band practice as well as chain saws, dumptrucks, and bull dozers from the new construction site bordering theproperty.Hell, I have heard a car wreck from my treestand.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cows,Mules!!!,Dogs,Traffic
Old 11-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Typical Buck

In CT, I can here all, but the wife, and more!! In MN about all I here is an occasional train, and the river!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

In IL I can hear all of the above, including the wife if she were to yell. Last year in a spot I had access to, the neighbor lady who was nuttier than squirrel turds would call for her cat, starting at about 3:00 in the afternoon. She would stand outside and scream "KITTY KITTY KITTY" and then usually after three series of "KITTYKITTYKITTY" she would drag out one kitty like "KIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" Deer never really seemed to mind though, almost like they knew she was nuts!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

In IL I can hear all of the above, including the wife if she were to yell. Last year in a spot I had access to, the neighbor lady who was nuttier than squirrel turds would call for her cat, starting at about 3:00 in the afternoon. She would stand outside and scream "KITTY KITTY KITTY" and then usually after three series of "KITTYKITTYKITTY" she would drag out one kitty like "KIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" Deer never really seemed to mind though, almost like they knew she was nuts!
Old 11-27-2007, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The car dealership!! Earl is the best sales guy based on the number of pages over the loud speakers and my wife is loud but her voice doesn't carry.
I actually have one place where I can hear the drummer for the rock band Aerosmith practicing. Sounds awful but you do find yourself foot tapping.

Quick Reply: What can you hear from your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.