Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Were has the sport of hunting/harvesting gone >

Were has the sport of hunting/harvesting gone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Were has the sport of hunting/harvesting gone

Old 11-26-2007, 07:54 AM

Default Were has the sport of hunting/harvesting gone

Answer me this, were has it gone? I mean the sport, the tradition, absolute thrill of harvesting one of Gods most elusive creatures. I feel evermore each season that people who hunt are getting more commercialized and the people that dont hunt are against it more and more. Ive been hunting since 81 with my father and have been harvesting animals on my own shortly after. And every year I have to explain myself or defend myself to people I meet more and more each and every season. Is it thehow people are perceving the way people hunt or is it the way we are portraying ourselves as sportsmen in the field. I think people do things that are trendy in thier homes or community, be it against it or for it. I had a guy lable me as a redneck earlier today that sparked this for me. Not only do I try to be an ethical hunter each time I put my boots on I try to be a example of how I want people to atleast understand the sport.........give me your thoughts
Old 11-26-2007, 08:00 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Were has the sport of hunting/harvesting gone

For every person like you....there's another that thinks riding around withhis deer on the hood (and proclaiming that as 'preserving his heritage') is a good thing.

The people that scare me are the hunters that think we are somehow stronger than the anti's.....and thatANY concession we make to shield others from UNNECESSARILY rubbing what we do in their faces.....is cow-towing to them.

Once we lose hunting in an area.....it'll never return. It never has, so far.

I think "we" are our own worst enemies, sometimes.

I guess what I'm saying is......I'm all for preserving tradition (done 'tastefully'....and yes...."they" get to decide what is done "tastefully", sometimes). I've been hunting (something) for 30+ years. I live in a place where I'm surrounded by NON-hunters (not to be confused with "anti's"), but I'm sure they could be swayed (to the other side, not ours) if they weren't dealt with gingerly.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:11 AM

??
Old 11-26-2007, 08:15 AM

People jump on a wagon and have not learned through trial and error about ethics or just what deer hunting is about. You and I have talked about it almost daily for 23 years. It is slipping away from us and it is our so called own kind doing it to us..
Old 11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's a sign of the times ..... Jeff even mentioned about driving around with your deer on your car as a bad thing ..... it never used to be that way ...... you even used the word "harvest" ...... that was always talking about crops ........ the problem is that those of us have bent to the sound of the left wing liberals ....... the only thing that is ok to "kill" anymore is ..... babies[:@]
Old 11-26-2007, 08:32 AM

AMEN!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Hey I never said what I was talking about was "right", Tony. I said it's the way things ARE.

You and I have VERY similar political views.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

It started going down hill when people started calling it a sport.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Hey I never said what I was talking about was "right", Tony. I said it's the way things ARE.

You and I have VERY similar political views.
Jeff .... I am sorry to have made it sound that way .... I know we think much alike .... I was refering to those who are horrified at it .... peeps right on this sight

Old 11-26-2007, 08:55 AM

Hazcon7, I agree. When we started calling it a sport, it became a competition. It is not a sport. It is a passion, pass time, way oflife, tradition, whatever , but not a sport!!!

Quick Reply: Were has the sport of hunting/harvesting gone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.