Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

the rut

Old 11-26-2007, 05:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default the rut

Just spent the weekend in a tree stand & actually saw bucks together w/ aggressive activity. It would appear the rut is over & I missed it. I saw one small buck chase a doe this year & thats it. It would appear to me they either rutted at night or on days when I wasn't there. I spent every day in november in a tree in areas that have always been good & some weekdays.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: the rut

Bucks were chasing hard all gun season in Wi. It finally started to die off Friday.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:17 AM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Bucks were chasing hard all gun season in Wi. It finally started to die off Friday.
You actually saw deer during our gun season? Holy crap! We didn't see a single deer and I saw only one gutpile in all the miles I put on in the woods. Pretty depressing down in my parts...
Old 11-26-2007, 08:13 AM

"Trickle Rut". We had the same experience,we hunted every weekend and some weekdays from 10/19-11/25. My brother hunted everyday for 20 days straight. 2 3&1/2 year old bucks were killed between 9 guys hunting 2 farms, both under QDM, about 2500 acres total. The farms are about a mile apart,seperated by about 3,000 acres of timber.However, we did kill a total of 20 does, so our buck to doe ratio should be good, and we've seen two 150'+ bucks since the season ended. Next year should be awsome if we don't have another"Trickle Rut".
Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ohh yea lots of em. Did a lot of shooting with very few connects lol. Managed to get 2 8 pointers and 2 does. Now its muzzle loader time

ORIGINAL: burbaust99

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

You actually saw deer during our gun season? Holy crap! We didn't see a single deer and I saw only one gutpile in all the miles I put on in the woods. Pretty depressing down in my parts...