Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 another rage ????? >

another rage ?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

another rage ?????

Old 11-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default another rage ?????

Crazy question on my part, are the blades replacable on the rage two blade?? I seen nothing about it on there web site would like to know please. i want to try these on turkeys this spring.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:00 AM

Default RE: another rage ?????

Yes. They sell a little repair kit that includes replacement blades, tips, and o-rings. I know a guy who has had some success sharpening them. He made a little jig to give him something to hold the blades while using the diamond stones and stropping.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes Dan, the blades are replaceable. I tried to replace the blades on the one I shot my doe with, but the tiny little screw head stripped out. I just straightened out the small bend in the bladeand sharpened it with a diamond impregnated stone. I shot my buck with the same head and sharpened it up and plan on using it again. These heads are pretty tuff and the blades hold up really well.

I was able to replace the blades on 2 heads I used for target practice. But you need to be very careful with the allen wrench stripping out the screw head.

I used to shoot the Hammerheads and they were pretty much a one shot BH. But the Rage heads seem to be better built and can take some abuse and be reused.

They should do a great job on a Turkey.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Yes, they are. And here's another trick....Take your practice head they send with them, and replace those w/ real blades. VOILA! You now have 4 perfectly functioning Rage 2 blade heads.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you EVERYONE, that was a wealth of information, more than i ask for even. I was hoping they were replacable, i will have some before spring.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Dominant Buck

They migh tbe replaceable.....but I can't find replacement blades ANYWHERE.[&:]

I'd love to know where they have them if anyone knows of somewhere.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

They migh tbe replaceable.....but I can't find replacement blades ANYWHERE.[&:]

I'd love to know where they have them if anyone knows of somewhere.
Cabelas has em for 14.99 for 3 sets of replacement blades.

i too plan on picking these bad boys up before turkey season.....first need some new arrows tho[&:]
Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You'll also need to replace the retaining screw,(hard to find, and the Rage people were of no help) The threads on the screw get nicked upon impact and stripped on removal. I found them in a really large Ace Hardware that had a huge nuts and bolts section.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Typical Buck

One thing for sure, you will have to have Dalton replace them for you because there is no way you can work with all those small parts with those enormoursly fat fingers of yours.....BAM![quote]ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Crazy question on my part, are the blades replacable on the rage two blade?? I seen nothing about it on there web site would like to know please. i want to try these on turkeys this spring.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: another rage ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.