Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy >

Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

Old 11-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

ORIGINAL: Michbowhunter

No offense at all..... this thread could use a little humor. Interesting thing, that is what they say in the video, "we don't hunt steel barrels" haha!!

I actually found it funny to watch the Rage blades explode after it hit the steel drum, and eventhough we are not shooting through steel, its nice to know your equipment will handle that kind of abuse. I oncehit a buck in the front shoulder with a Muzzyand knocked him right over! Although, I don't aim for bone, I want my broadhead to be tough enough to penetrate bone, and I can't honestly say the Rage won't, but can say the Reapers do!

I knocked my last years buck right over too with the Snyper.

Yeah, the Rage will, well the Snyper has...same head.

Shultzy, I'm just not sold on the 3 blade model compared to the 2 blade. Again, my choices are the Snyper, Rage and then Grim Reaper or I'll stay with fixed heads like the Muzzy, G5, Premier, SST, etc..
Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator

I believe what I've seen, and Grim Reaper encourages other companies to duplicate the test to see if they get the same results! They used nearly $1500 worth of broadheads, and plainly said "these are the finest broadheads in the world and will ALL kill a deer with proper shot placement". They also showed broadheads that were equal in penetration, so I believe in the credibility of the tests.
The statement I put in bold would qualify just about any modern broadhead!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

So what's 5-shot's take on all this or did I miss it?
Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 AM

G5 Montec's are tough, My arrow went threw both shoulders of the buck I shoot this year, arrow didnt pass through but did stick out the other side. Deer tipped over within 40 yards and I shoot a doe with the same head again the next night. Awsome broadheads!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

I'v used a bunch of different heads & have settled on Tekans & Muzzy's. I have a pack of snypers to try & think they should perform well.
Over the top mecs killed deer for me, specifically Grim reapers I like for awhile but they never seem to go straight thru unless a perfect broadside. They can kick off just like any other jack knife head too. Their video is interesting but dont forget, they made it. They wouldn't use a video that didn't show what they wanted. In real life, on real deer, in my limited experience NOTHING zips thru a deer like a fixed blade or a Tekan type mech that slips back & cams open.
2 years ago I took 11 deer with different heads & thats how I settled on these two. Muzzys NEVER lost a blade & Tekans never dis anything but zip right thru & kill deer.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

People can say what they want, but this testshows the real deal, nothing performs better than the Grim Reaper! And they encouraged other manufactures to duplicate the test to see if they come up with the same results.

The Grim Reaper is covered by 13 different patents!!!!!

Just watch the Rage explode like a grenade after its fired through a steel drum, while the Grim Reaper is not even damaged!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47qLegGlYwE
Looks like their marketing methods worked. There is no way i can believe what i see in some videos, its just too easy to sway results in one companys favour. Do you really think they are going to do all these tests and have there broadhead come out second best, of course not. Id love to see on of those make an entrance hole the size of a rage. Dont take this seriously, just some food for thought.
[/quote]

I believe what I've seen, and Grim Reaper encourages other companies to duplicate the test tosee if they get the same results!They used nearly $1500 worth of broadheads, and plainly said "these are the finest broadheads in the world and will ALL kill a deer with proper shot placement". They also showed broadheads that were equal in penetration, so I believe in the credibility of the tests.

Also, because of the Grim Reapers patented inner spring mechanism, they do not need o'rings, and do open upon impact creating a large entrance hole.

If you don't believe the videos are fabricated, getsome Grim Reapers, and fire them and your Rage heads through a steel drum and see for yourself .
I definately need to know how they perform on a steel drum because thats what i hunt on a daily basis. You are an advertisers dream!

EDIT: Jokes, once again!
Old 11-25-2007, 11:24 AM
Fork Horn

I think some people are a bit defensive and sensitive on this subject! Perhaps its because they shoot the broadheads that EXPLODED when they hit the steel drum!

As for the video,why doesn't Rage and other companies duplicate the test like the Grim Reaper Co recommended if it was fabricated????

Bottom line, I was just sharing the information, you can take it or leave it, but there is no need tomake things personal...... I can't help it if the BH you use EXPLODED in the test!

ORIGINAL: StrikeTrue

People can say what they want, but this testshows the real deal, nothing performs better than the Grim Reaper! And they encouraged other manufactures to duplicate the test to see if they come up with the same results.

Just watch the Rage explode like a grenade after its fired through a steel drum, while the Grim Reaper is not even damaged!

Looks like their marketing methods worked. There is no way i can believe what i see in some videos, its just too easy to sway results in one companys favour. Do you really think they are going to do all these tests and have there broadhead come out second best, of course not. Id love to see on of those make an entrance hole the size of a rage. Dont take this seriously, just some food for thought.
I believe what I've seen, and Grim Reaper encourages other companies to duplicate the test tosee if they get the same results!They used nearly $1500 worth of broadheads, and plainly said "these are the finest broadheads in the world and will ALL kill a deer with proper shot placement". They also showed broadheads that were equal in penetration, so I believe in the credibility of the tests.

Also, because of the Grim Reapers patented inner spring mechanism, they do not need o'rings, and do open upon impact creating a large entrance hole.

If you don't believe the videos are fabricated, getsome Grim Reapers, and fire them and your Rage heads through a steel drum and see for yourself .
I definately need to know how they perform on a steel drum because thats what i hunt on a daily basis. You are an advertisers dream!
[/quote]
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Dominant Buck

I can only tell you how they perform on what I hunt. I hunt deer.....and they absolutely are DEVASTATING to a deer. I've killed 2 with the Muzzy and 6 with the Rage, THIS year.

No contest (IMO).
Old 11-25-2007, 01:04 PM

i've switched to the rage 2blades. havent shot one with it yet but, i wasnt satisfied with the blood trail left by the g5 montec.

also i wonder why they didnt shoot the 2 blade through the steel barrel. i wonder if it would've made it. not thati'll ever shootanything close to as tough as that.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

I think some people are a bit defensive and sensitive on this subject! Perhaps its because they shoot the broadheads that EXPLODED when they hit the steel drum!

As for the video,why doesn't Rage and other companies duplicate the test like the Grim Reaper Co recommended if it was fabricated????

Bottom line, I was just sharing the information, you can take it or leave it, but there is no need tomake things personal...... I can't help it if the BH you use EXPLODED in the test!

ORIGINAL: StrikeTrue

[/quote]

Nothing personal at all, dont take it the wrong way. From my experience with Rage broadheads, they are COMPLETELY devastating, no question. If you haven't had personal experience with them, you have no evidence to base your opinion on. Now i know you love the steel barrel test, but it is no way realistic to what you will experience in the field, and as others have said, those videos were made to promote grim reaper broadheads. I look for the most humane and ethical kill when i hunt and the rage broadheads do that for me. I havent said once that Grim reaper's arent any good, im just saying the Rage broadheads are amazing.

Quick Reply: Forget the Rage-think I'll stick with my Muzzy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.