Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 100% Sucessful Season! >

100% Sucessful Season!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

100% Sucessful Season!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:13 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 100% Sucessful Season!

Greg

Hate to be the bad apple in the bunch but any " respected "hunter would do the deed 13.5 feetdown wind of his stand and not being doing the leg cross, squat, gruntingwiggle dance out of his hunting area or whileon stand.

Nothing beats it as cover scentwhen the wind swirls or switches at the moment of truth when that big buck shows up?? Not only will it warn you of swirling/switching winds... the gag factor aloneofnasty healthy one is enough to stop a buck in his track for a good shot !! Unlike scent-lok or scent blocker... you can truely forget the wind and just hunt. [8D]

I know what your thinking. RESPECT !!

Tim
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had to read this after having my worst season regarding the subject. Nearly EVERY morning during my "rut hunt", IT would hit me during prime time . . . HARD! I managed to hold off nearly every time - except the time it mattered most. Just as I decided that I should hang up my bow and "head down" to do the deed, HE showed up 25 yards away headed to the scrape that would have put him broadside at 15 yards. He saw the movement up in the tree and we did the Mexican stare off for about 4 minutes until he decided to walk back the other way. If I had waited 10 more seconds, I'd have seen him coming. He was 2 feet wide - about the widest Ive ever seen hunting and massive. He was about a 140 class and "it" ruined my chance at him. I usually don't have a problem with it, but this year . . .

Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

That demands it and should be given with little or no hesitation. RESPECT.

I have not been as fortunate. I'm approaching double digit dumps in the woods. I'm going for a record this season.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've had a pretty good season, so far in this category, but have been caught a few times. Once scouting, 2 prehunt, and one midday break. I swear a couple years agoI went every time I pulled in to the parking area.[&:]
Old 11-22-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

It seems the ultimate sacrifice would be to fill the drawers just as you let loose the death stick on a monster scoring in the 180 range.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats on your.....uh...... sucess
Old 11-22-2007, 06:21 AM

I shared this in another forum but applies here...

I know that there is a poster of a guy taking a dump while a huge buck walks by hanging in an old hunting camp I went to as a kid...Well it does happen...

Yesterday I went out early and used my climber in a new spot...Sat from first light until 8 and had to crap so bad that I climbed down..Was planning on sitting until 9 and then had to go to work...Climbed down out of the tree and found a spot to go...dug a hole with the heel of my boot and went....Decided that since I was down and that I had not seen a deer I would pack up and leave...no sooner did I get my climber on my back and pick up my bow don't I see horns coming straight at me! I mean horns!! I took a 125" 8 pt the week before and this guy was more than that!

Well I get the climber off my back and find a "spot" behind a tree and watch..this buck came in with nose to the ground to about 40yds but I could not get any closer...the whole time all I could smell was sh_t..you see the spot I picked to hide was well where I had just took a dump and wouldn't you know that I would pick the same spot...He had to have smelt it and turned around a walked away...If it was not a bow only zone he would be in the freezer....

Stuff like this always happens to me...but somehow I usually end up taking a nice buck...

Just thought I would share guys.. Not too proud to share...

Dave
Old 11-22-2007, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

you have my total respect Greg Taking toilet paper out of your back pocket [&:] I just use my socks and come back and get them after 5 hard rains
Oh dude, thats just wrong!!!! lol
Old 11-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

i do not havea emergancy contect form in my clothes or wallet but i will from now o neer thought of it
Old 11-22-2007, 08:01 AM

you are a better man than me..... I didn't make it the first day!

lol

Quick Reply: 100% Sucessful Season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.