Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The Importance of Tradition in hunting >

The Importance of Tradition in hunting

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Importance of Tradition in hunting

Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Importance of Tradition in hunting

Great post Tony. As I've told before I hunt every weekend with my Dad and brothers. We plan our vacations at the same time and hunt the same land every weekend. Now don't get me wrong by the end of the season I need a little break from them, as they do me, but I wouldn't trade it for the world and can't wait until my son can spend the whole day with us.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Envy, yes. I have no tradition. First in my family to hunt and I started at 45. My sons not into it so I guess it all starts and ends with me!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Tony, that is a great post.

But for me, I have no hunting "traditions". I am self taught, raised by a single mother and like GMMAT, one of the strongest women I know. God bless her. I taught myself to bowhunt since I was the age of 15. Never really was taken out rifle hunting and when I was, it was "if you don't shoot, you don't get" and I remember hail mary'n shogun slugs across a field...disgusts me now that I was told to shoot when I had no business shooting.

I think in PA anyway, too many of that happening. I like my bowseason, I've come to loath the rifle season opener but I still like seeing my friends here have success and traditions.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rybo .... my apologies for misreading your post ..... it happens often on these threads I fear .......

Gutshot .... it's great to hear your son will be adding yet another generation ..... the tradition carries on with my two nephews and my younger brother for me ...... my step son isn't as interested and he is away at college ...

Old 11-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

I'm a 3rd generation at my shack, and the 4th is hunting too! Our shack all started in 1947! This was the 60th season! The whole crew shows up for gun season, but opening bow season, I'mall alone!Lots of tradition and stories! It all started with a tar paper shack.(wish I had a pic on cpu)
Then to this.

Now this.

Old 11-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

good post Tony, I to have some great memories hunting in firearm season as well, i do like bow better but thats just me. Lots of memories with friends and family in the deer woods to.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Site Buck Guru

!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vikes and Greg .... we are definitely blessed!

Guys, I appreciate your responses ......let me encourage those that don't have those traditions to make some with some young people ..... you will make life long changes in them ....... the feelings run deeper than the deepest ocean .............

I'm getting mushy in my old age ..LOL
Old 11-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good post Tony. I got 4 daughters that don't want to go to the woods anymore but someday they will relish the times I drug them along. I got me a Grandson yesterday and I hope the lord lets him and I have many many days afield together. That boy will be my shadow just as soon as he can walk on his own thru the woods. I might just carryhim in with a binky in his mouth.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:37 PM

Most of you know, I spend the majority of my time in the woods with my dad. While we don't generally hunt out of the same stand/blind with one another anymore, we're rarely ever not in the same woods. When one of us isn't out there, it just feels weird. I know there's going to come a day when he can no longer be there with me, and I absolutely dread it, but until then I look forward to every chance I get to spend in the woods with him.

Quick Reply: The Importance of Tradition in hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.