Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 would you hunt in this weather? >

would you hunt in this weather?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you hunt in this weather?

Old 11-21-2007, 11:17 AM

Default would you hunt in this weather?

wind -17-20 NNE(good direction) but 80% chance of rain... heavy rain..... and you havent seen a Deer in this location for 5 days....

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USOH0245&animate=true
Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: would you hunt in this weather?

nah
Old 11-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I would go but I'd be VERY careful of shot selection if there were heavy rains. It would have to be close up on a very relaxed deer. I would want a hit that would give me the best opportunity of having the deer fall in sight. heavy rains and blood trails don't do well together.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

if its not raining yet, I'd hunt a stand with the hopes the deer would be moving as they will in response to pressure changes before a storm. If it was already raining, I'd like to think I'd feel tough enough to still hunt likely bedding areas using the rain as cover, but I'd probably just stay home and have some chili instead. If you've had my Mom's chili you know why.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM

Yes i would,i shot a buck this year with 7-10 winds and wind guss up to 25mph.it just started to rain and with in 3 min. in the stand he came out.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:39 PM

YES
Old 11-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Saw the biggest deertoday standing about 500 yrds out in a field with a doe. She must have been good size as well. I thought someone lost a steer. It had to go 400 pounds sporting a huge rack. Strong winds and heavy rain didn't stop these 2. He could careless that I was there. Fuuny thing is I'm always amazed to see deer there and just thought to look over there since it's such a strange place. Totaly wide open with a small cleared ditch. No cover in site. They laid down in it.

I don't hunt this weather either.
Old 11-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can't kill'em on the couch. No seriously it might be really good but make sure it's a perfect shot,carefully watch the animalrun and mark the spot last seen. A blood trail can dissapear like smoke in a heavy rain!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:24 PM

the rain gauge is over 2 inches.... im glad i didnt go... this season is irking me... im glad i stayed warm... watch football tomorrow... hammer the bush this weekend.... thanks for responses.... if this situation arises again, and im not exhausted, ill be out there.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:26 PM

I went out with the hopes of seeing the big boy I have been chasing all year. I got drenched and only saw one rabbit. I would do it again. You never know when they will show up.

Quick Reply: would you hunt in this weather?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.