Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My First deer ! (story added) >

My First deer ! (story added)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My First deer ! (story added)

Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default My First deer ! (story added)

Hey everyone...I shot my first deer ever tonight ! About 17 yards perfect broadside, complete passthrough. I'll add story in a bit. She's quartered and in the fridge ! I'd like to thank everyone for making this such a great site. I've learned so much here. Don't think I could have done it without you !

Got to my stand about 12:30. At 2 three of this years fawns came to the feeder. Too little for me personally. I know their mom was somewhere but didn't see her. After about 45 minutes a good sized doe came from the other direction and the little ones ran off. She looked around for 30 seconds and walked under my tree, looked around some more and walked off behind me. I happened to be sitting at the time and couldn't have gotten a shot off anyway. I thought I'd better stand. About 3:30 ,3 different little ones came in while mom stayed across the creek and watched cautiously. She thought I was something in the tree and kept eyeing me but couldn't quite make me out. A dog began barking in the distance which took her focus off of me. As I was trying to watch her and the little ones, the bigger one spotted me and bound off about 40 yards. Closely followed by the other two and mom. They walked up the hill...no harm done. Thought that that might be it for the day but decided what's another hour or two At about five I hear a comotion to my left. It's the first 3 little ones, half running towards me. They began feeding. This time mom was close. Shortly after this the other group comes back too. Their mom is to my right and she starts blowing evey so often. Was it at me ? Nobody seemed concerned. At 5:20 I watched as the other mom decided to come out from the cover. Was a bit concerned about all the eyes around busting me but I drew back as she walked behind a clump of trees. She walked out perfectly broadside at 17 yards and stopped. NOW or NEVER I thought and I let her rip. Didn't really see the arrow but saw a spot open up on her as she mule kicked and tore off up the hill. Saw her go about 60 yards through some thick stuff and then heard her go crashing back down the hill. Took a few deep breaths. Called the wife. Waited about 15 minutes and went and found my arrow. Complete pass through stuck in ground. Whole arrow covered in red blood. Backed out at this point to PM Germ about time frame. About an hour later heard the yotes howling and thought we'd better go look for her. Found her right where I heard her crash ! Dead 1 1/2 hrs later.

The wife and I trying to get her up the hill to the house......that's a seperate story Have to say she is a trooper !
Old 11-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: First deer !

Congratulations Rob from Rob...LOL

I still remember my first vividly. You will too for many years to come....I know your team has helped you greatly as well. Now that you cut your teeth on that dandy nanny, good luck on putting some antler on the ground too. Way to go and congrats again.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:26 PM

Dude!! Are you kidding me??!!!! Your FIRST deer EVER was taken w/ a bow and arrow???? Holy crap is that freakin cool!!!!!!! Congrats man, I hope you took a ton of pictures....Man, that's just awesome!!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:34 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on your first bow kill !! A day/hunt you will never forget.

Tim
Old 11-20-2007, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Rob and TJF...I'm sure I'll remember this for quite a while.

mobow, doubt you remember it, but you were the first to reply to I think my very first entry last year on here and encouraged me to get out there and do it ! Thanks for starting me off in the right direction
Old 11-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a big old doe Rob. Congrats on your first deer ever. Enjoy yourself for a while!!

OK, thats long enough. Now go get a buck for the team.JK This is one you will never forget! You must be a quick learner, getting a deer with a bow in your first year.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:03 PM
Dominant Buck

Way to go, teammate! Congrats on your first!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:05 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2007, 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: flstnhd

Thanks Rob and TJF...I'm sure I'll remember this for quite a while.

mobow, doubt you remember it, but you were the first to reply to I think my very first entry last year on here and encouraged me to get out there and do it ! Thanks for starting me off in the right direction
Holy cow....you're right! I just looked it up.....As soon as I read it I remembered posting it.....that's spooky.....Man, I just hope I didn't give you all of my doe slaying ability...... That could be a hard one to shake bud.....
Old 11-20-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

The curse has been passed. Sorry Rob!!

Quick Reply: My First deer ! (story added)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.