Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Warm Bowhunters Gloves >

Warm Bowhunters Gloves

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Warm Bowhunters Gloves

Old 11-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Warm Bowhunters Gloves

Ok, who has experience with "warm", functional, bowhunting gloves? I have yet to find anything thin and functional that will keep my hands warm. I have one of the waist muffs that I put a few handwarmers in and it works, but I would rather have a pair of gloves so I can be ready for action. It is just a little extra movement with the muff that I would rather do without.

Any ideas?

Thanks, LT
Old 11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Warm Bowhunters Gloves

No one else get's cold hands?

LT
Old 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM

i bought some bill jordan's gloves from cabelas before the season and i love them, they are 40 gram insulation. work perfect! they are tight to your hand allowing you to do anything you could without gloves and they kept my hands very warm
Old 11-20-2007, 07:59 PM

Go to wally world and get the semi thin thermal ones they work great for me.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Well you lost me when you said you didn't like the muff. I use the muff and I wear a pair of the Under Armour gloves....more for just the concelament factor than the warmth factor....but they're surprisingly warm for their weight.

What I feel like I give up in warmth....I pick up in "feel". They're awfully comfortable.

That's what I do.......and I went through SEVERAL different pairs before deciding on the UA's for good.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

I like the gloves made by manzella. the bowhunter model. they are warm, but i like to use a handwarming muff during those frigid days, keeps me in the tree longer. i wouldn't go with anything too bulky as they will affect your ability to find your anchor point.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Site Bouncer

I use a pair of heavy waterproof gloves made by Whitewater. I think theyhave 150 or 200 grams of thinsulate. 3/4 of the index fingers on both gloves are made of some sort of ballisticnylon. They are intended to be used for shooting a gun to give you better feel for the trigger yet still be warm and waterproof. They work greatfor a release as well, I justbuckle my release over the glove.

I hunt in some of the coldest weather. Here in Illinois (late December throughmid January) the temps can and dodrop below freezing often and the gloves do a good job of keeping my hands warm.Yes, they are bulky but in these cold Illinois temps you need to learn how to shoot with bulky clothes on or you won't last an hour in the stand, especially when that wind starts to blow! Brrrrrrrrr I can feel it already!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just wear brown jersey gloves. 79 cents a pair at Big Lots.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

I wear a Gander Mtn. Guide Series glove with 100 gram thinsulate on my left hand and a cheap glove on my right hand with Hothands handwarmers in my pocket. I don't like thick gloves on my release hand therefore the cheap thin glove using a handwarmer in my pocket.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well you lost me when you said you didn't like the muff. I use the muff and I wear a pair of the Under Armour gloves....more for just the concelament factor than the warmth factor....but they're surprisingly warm for their weight.

What I feel like I give up in warmth....I pick up in "feel". They're awfully comfortable.

That's what I do.......and I went through SEVERAL different pairs before deciding on the UA's for good.
Great minds think alike I guess. That's exactly what I do and it works great. I absolutely hate to have big, bulky gloves on my hands and hey don't work any better 99% of the time.

If you are just dead set on using gloves instead of a muff, then get a pair of the UA cold gear gloves and then put a set of rag wool mitts with the fold back flap oo over them. The UA gloves make great liner gloves too.

Quick Reply: Warm Bowhunters Gloves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.