Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Land or trips??? edit for clarity >

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Old 11-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Land or trips???

Land no doubt.....

Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would like to own about 300 wooded acres with a creek running thru it. Maybe if I everget these kids out of KU (Rock Chulk) there might be a dollar left for me and momma.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Land...
Old 11-19-2007, 03:47 PM

No doubth land cause you can make it, the way and time you want, also is a great plus owning some land$$$
Old 11-19-2007, 03:48 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

I'm a little suprised at the early results.

So all you guys would take land over ever getting a chance to go out of state for something different? Maybe if the land was in the right stateI could see it. For me land would only mean deer & turkeys. I've got way higher aspirations than that. Elk, bear, pronghorns, as well as getting to hunt deer and turkey in other states. Who knows, maybe even caribou and moose. I don't think I could trade all those potentials for a 100 acres in PA.
x2!

i already have plenty of access to good hunting around here, mostly exclusive rights at that. In most of my cases, owning the land would change absolutey nothing about the hunting. And like you said, all we have here is whitetail and turkey. Since i already have ample opportunities at these, i would much rather go on trips for cougar, mule deer, pronghorn, moose, caribou, bear, etc. possibilities are endless.

that being said, ill probably end up owning some of my grandpas farm when he passes, and if the right price presents itself, id buy land tomorrow. Sounds stupid coming from a 16 year old but i have saved up enough money now that with a little help from dad by signing all the papers, i could afford a nice chunk of land granted it was near the barren river. The KY gov't just started a program where if your land drains into the barren river, they will pay you over 200 dollars an acre to plant the fields in a blend of wildlife grasses. similar to a crp system i believe. many people are buying river front farms that are going to start paying for themselves. pretty crazy program, and it would greatly improve the hunting.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Land... that could I put a decent house on,somewhere in the Northeast Part of Nc - I kinda like the State
Old 11-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Land, no question about it.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Easy fix, TEmbry. Just sell the land you're gonna inherit

No offense AT ALL.....but I'd like to hear your answer when you're 36.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:54 PM

200 Acres in Kansas, Ohio or Western Oklahoma please.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Easy fix, TEmbry. Just sell the land you're gonna inherit

No offense AT ALL.....but I'd like to hear your answer when you're 36.
LOL! yea i guess i could, but it is something that will always be there to hunt and wont cost anything. plus there is always that sentimental value.

your probably right though, by the time im 36, hopefully it will seem like a long, LONG time...i'll probably want to settle down on a farm somewhere. I guess i really have no answer to the question then, other than both! I will be going on hunting trips in my future, but hopefully i can someday afford a decent sized farm to buy to live/hunt on.

Quick Reply: Land or trips??? edit for clarity

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.