Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 has this ever happend to you? >

has this ever happend to you?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

has this ever happend to you?

Old 11-18-2007, 10:57 PM
Spike

Default has this ever happend to you?

after hunting for 3 hours and missing a buck i was getting off my stand. I lowered my bow to the ground and was about to clim down when a buck and a doe are coming right at me. I rushed to get my bow back up but the doe that was in front saw me and stopped at about 15 yards she stood there for a couple of seconds and then spooked...in the mean time i got my bow back upand tring to put an arrow.. the buck that was behing her also spooked but stopped at about 20 yards behind a tree. i could not get a shot...moral of the story...look all around your stand before you lower your bow.

just wondering if anyone else has had this happend to them.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:08 AM

Default RE: has this ever happend to you?

That's what I do all morning long. Raise and lower my bow continuously, knowing as soon as it get on the ground a big buck will walk by.
Your not the first.

Pops
Old 11-19-2007, 02:37 AM

Well, you can look all around your stand all you want but that doesn't prevent it. They can come running into view in a matter of seconds.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Been there done that one!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I might be the only one but I use a bowstrap and climb my stand with my bow on my back..too many times I have gotten to the top of my tree and seen deer moving quickly my way. Call me paranoid but when you see a deer where I hunt, it may be the last one you see that day...I am ready like Rambo!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Well one morning as I was going to my stand, I spooked 3 or 4 deer right out from under the stand. Cold morning by the way. Hunted for about 2.5 hours, never saw a thing. Climbing down out of my stand, put my first foot on the ground and hear a deer snort. Turn around and there is a buck bounding away...

Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 AM
Spike

happened to me 2 years ago. I got lucky and got my bow back up and harvested a nice freezer meat doe. I think it is the luckiest thing that ever happend to mein the woods. She had to go through a littleditch and it gave me time to yankmy bowback up to the stand and wack her.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:09 AM

I haven't been that lucky yet. Although I guess you woudn't call it luck if they spooked. We'll say I've never had that clear of an opporunity yet.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM

Yes...happens all of the time...I was lucky one year and took a 130 class the same way...He was coming straight at my tree as I was pulling my bow up...thank god his nose was on the ground and he did not see my movement...Shot him at 30 yds....
Old 11-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

They always seem to show up for mewhen I get to the truck. Like its some sort of red deer lure.

Quick Reply: has this ever happend to you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.