Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What changes are you making to your equipment this winter? >

What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

I've been done deer hunting for a couple of weeks now, so thoughts turn the winter bow tinkering season LOL.

I started messing with my bow the other night. I stayed up all night, wrenching, tuning, adjusting, and shooting. I put on a new dropaway rest. I took off my NAP Quicktune 2000 and put on a QAD Ultrarest instead. I wanted a full containment dropaway. I also replaced my worn D-loop.

I'm also shooting FOBs. It took a few adjustments to get the FOBs to pass by without contact but they are shooting great now. I'll probably switch to a lighter arrow to pick up some speed. I had been shooting 500 grain Terminator Hunters (for the punch), but I'm looking at getting into a 400 grain arrow to pick up some speed. I'll likely switch to Rage 2 blades as well.

I think my strings and cables can probably make it through another season. They are showing very minor fraying and the servings are in good shape.

What changes are you guys making to your setups (if any) and WHY?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Well I have my new General and Marquis to setup, finish setting up. I'm trying the Limb Driver rest on the General. Same arrows, still Blazers but might switch to a hard offset with feathers, not sure yet.

I'm also thinking about the Airbornes and not sure how I'm going to set it up yet. Might get a Scott Wildcat, currently using a Truglo CopperHead. That's about it for now.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Two new Bowtech's to set up! Nice.

I also want to switch to a thumb trigger release. The Winn Free Flight glove is worn out and I think it's time to retire it. I'm looking at a Truball Pro Diamond when the Cabelas gift cards from Christmas come in LOL!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

by next season i want a new release, a set of them fancy Viper sights, and a new rest..leaning towards the QAD...dont know when i'll get around to it...most likely not till summer
Old 11-19-2007, 05:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll probably be buying a new bow. Still debating between getting a cheaper/used one as a "back up". Or going full out, and moving my current one to the back up.

Too many interests, too little time & money.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:17 AM
Dominant Buck

I'll buy one of the airborne's to shoot 3D with for '08. New strings and cables on my Ally.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definatly bowtech! Im thinking 82nd airborne
Old 11-19-2007, 05:54 AM

New bow, and POSSIBLY the QAD Ultra Rest as well. Just depends.....We're going to the ATA show in January, and from there we'll decide what new stuff we'll carry this year.....I'll be going from there...But there is a new bow in my near future.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just got a couple of new strings for my longbow and a new shootin' glove. So I'm done! That's all the changes I had planned.

Come to think of it, I have been kinda getting the itch to make myself a new longbow, a straight limb Howard Hill style as a change of pace from my reflex/deflex bow.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe a new bow. earlier this year I couldn't wait to get one. Now I'm having second thoughts. I'm still pretty happy with the bow I'm shooting.

Quick Reply: What changes are you making to your equipment this winter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.