Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Finally!!!!....My first Buck! >

Finally!!!!....My first Buck!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Finally!!!!....My first Buck!

Old 11-18-2007, 12:34 PM

Default Finally!!!!....My first Buck!

Not Exactly a wall hanger but it is my first Buck. I strictly hunt on base where the pressure is high. I went out at 6 AM, walked between .3 and .5 miles to my favorite spot, an archery only area on Robins AFB GA, adjacent to private land/WMA. North of my three stand is a fence line, south is a creek and west is the base hunting area about 200 acres of some pretty thick stuff, little of everything (pines and hardwoods). Got up the tree I had already picked out with my climber and got all set up facing west. Heard some movement while sitting there waiting for the sun to come up, but there was nothing there once it did. At around 830 AM I heard something moving behind/left of my location, looked that way and there was an eight pointer following the creek, he was going to pass me at about 20-23 Yds to my left. I got up and checked my lane…….“OH Crap!.....how could it be!”, there were some small branches from a small tree blocking my lane from the height I was set up at (18-20’). The buck past me and I never had a shot…I kicked my self in the ass mentally for the next 20 min…debated whether I should get down and get rid of the obstruction. Finally decided to and on my way down I heard something…..“ OH Crap!.......MAN!...What next?”....a nice big bodied, 6 pt thick racked buck heading my way saw me and hauled ass. Got down and trimmed the branch that blocked my shot and others that may have been an issue as well and got back up the tree. Did not see anything for the next couple of hours, but decided to stick it out. At about 1 PM I heard something coming my way from the direction the 8 Ptr had disappeared to. It was him again heading down the same trail from where he came. YES!...he got closer and I realized he was not an eight, but a 5…four on one side and a single beam on the left….decided to take him anyway…..he walked past me on the same shooting lane and this time I had a six foot shooting lane…..he was walking at a good pace so I let out a low “baaarh”…he slowed but did not stop…so I let out another “baaarh” this time he stopped right in my lane…I was tracking him in my peep the whole way, so when he did I let it fly…..saw the arrow hit it’s mark…right in the bread basket! Yes!...he jumped and headed back from where he came….he went about 60 Yds and I heard and him crash, looked up and saw him through the brush making his last attempt to get up…waited about 20 ins and called my bud. We gutted him where he laid (base regulation) and dragged him out. I am not going to mount him, but he undoubtedly will make me a fine Euro Mount and an even better memory.

Don’t mean to blow smoke up you all’s ass...I lurk on this site a lot but post very little. I have been listening to all of your good advice…I mean that…all of you good guy out there that take the time to teach had something to do with my success, thank you!.

Bow Hunter for life!, Bo

edit: edited out @$$ and replaced with ass....next time I'll delete the thread for skirting the profanity filter with symbols. If it's allowed, it's allowed, if not, don't skirt it.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Default RE: Finally!!!!....My first Buck!

Congrats on the buck. Never knew Robbins has hunting.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Another....

Old 11-18-2007, 12:37 PM

sure does...lots of pressure though...unless you are willing to do some walking...then it gets good..

Bo
Old 11-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck, congrats!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck!

Nice shot too!
Old 11-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the buck, it sounds like you had a lot of action.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best rush out there. ATTA BOY. Was the weak side broken up or was it the way it grew? I really will never forget my first. Some of the others are a bit foggy but that one sticks.Way Cool!!!

Old 11-18-2007, 02:13 PM

That's awesome!!! Congrats on your first buck....Believe me I know what that's like!! Hey, if I'm not mistaken......That's even a Rob buck....
Old 11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Spike

Beeeeeeeutiful animal!!!! Congrats:-)

Quick Reply: Finally!!!!....My first Buck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.