Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 7 yr old, with an atlatl, inside a fence - video >

7 yr old, with an atlatl, inside a fence - video

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

7 yr old, with an atlatl, inside a fence - video

Old 11-17-2007, 04:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 7 yr old, with an atlatl, inside a fence - video

Great shot!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:02 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Lubricious

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

Excellent shot by the boy. But guys whats the difference in this and me butching a nice hog on the farm.

I just for the life of me can't understand why so many people on these forums are so insecure that they worry about how another is killing.
The difference....when I walk up to a hog and pop it behind the ear with .22 I dont brag about my hunting prowess or what an amazing shot I just made. Its not insecurity, its reality.
But why would someone care that someone brags about hunting prowess? I think most on here are very insecure. Hunting is a personal thing where a person should be worrying about thier gear, thier shot, thier animal. Its not a competition lub. And people making it one, has really lost the spirit of hunting as people in high fences.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

People care because itsposted all over a public forum about hunting. This is a place to share your hunt, your equipment and your knowledge. Most of us will adamantly defend anything we believe in, or dont believe in. Youre right about it not being a competition and any game animal taken fairly will gain much praise on these forums. Theres something to be said about going into an animals habitat and coming out on top. Canned hunting is like getting a hooker, theres no thrill of the chase and the trophy youre left with is less than pleasant.

If youre a liar or do something less than sportsmanlike, youd better have a flame suit on.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:44 PM
bigcountry

People care because itsposted all over a public forum about hunting. This is a place to share your hunt, your equipment and your knowledge. Most of us will adamantly defend anything we believe in, or dont believe in. Youre right about it not being a competition and any game animal taken fairly will gain much praise on these forums. Theres something to be said about going into an animals habitat and coming out on top. Canned hunting is like getting a hooker, theres no thrill of the chase and the trophy youre left with is less than pleasant.

If youre a liar or do something less than sportsmanlike, youd better have a flame suit on.
In other words, if your secure in yourself, and your abilities, and look for your own thrill in your own hunts, it doesn't matter what a 7 year old with a spear is doing or some rich VP shooting a 180" buck.

I have seen it all on these forums. People want to push thier own ideals on others, cause it validates thier own, and if other do not agree, they feel insecure. Its really that simple.

I don't like high fense hunting, so I don't do it, I don't like baiting, so I don't do it, I sure don't like deer drives, so I don't do it. But others get pleasure from all these practicses. It works for them. Its like trout stocking. Same thing, I do it, I have no shame. Preserve quail hunting. I do it, and no shame in it.

I am just not so ready to jump on the "banning", this or that bandwagon. I love living in a country where I can be a slob hunter killing an animal in an enclosed fense and then taking pictures of it like I really hunted it.

You can't look for praise off an internet forum to drive your life.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i havent watched the video...

the boy is seven years old...and harvested a deer with a weapon that not many people know much about, let alone use to kill deer.

the way i see it if they were going to harvest the deer for meat anyway whats the difference.Hes 7 years old and got the job done.

maybee in a few years he will be hunting out of a stand in fair chase conditions with it....then i guess you would all be amazed at it.
What season would he hunt during...atlatl's probably are not legal to hunt with???

he wasnt hunting he was harvesting and thatsthe difference...

i just watched the video

and....i dont find it offensive at all. whats offensive is people looking down on a little kid...im sure when hes old enough, he will hunt fair chase just like the rest of us...i thought it was neat how they showed the Carcass and the damage that the weapon is capable of, even in the hands of a seven year old....

they werent bragging about a great hunt or anything they were just showing what an atlatle will do. yes the kid was excited and he has every right to be...

the way i see it is he had to find a deer that was dumb enuf to stand infront of him...i do the same thing when im in my tree stand or stalking thick brush even tho mine arent fenced.

i dont agree with grown men hunting fenced areas and taping it for there tv show sponsors to sell the newest equipment....but ifthey want to do itoh well...but this was a kid and they werent bragging up how good of a hunter he is...or trying to sell hunting equipment.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Fork Horn

great another holier than thou post.Alpha Capo last statement preaty much sum up my thoughts
Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

i just watched the video

and....i dont find it offensive at all. whats offensive is people looking down on a little kid...im sure when hes old enough, he will hunt fair chase just like the rest of us...i thought it was neat how they showed the Carcass and the damage that the weapon is capable of, even in the hands of a seven year old....

they werent bragging about a great hunt or anything they were just showing what an atlatle will do. yes the kid was excited and he has every right to be...

the way i see it is he had to find a deer that was dumb enuf to stand infront of him...i do the same thing when im in my tree stand or stalking thick brush even tho mine arent fenced.

i dont agree with grown men hunting fenced areas and taping it for there tv show sponsors to sell the newest equipment....but ifthey want to do itoh well...but this was a kid and they werent bragging up how good of a hunter he is...or trying to sell hunting equipment.
Well said!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

In other words, if your secure in yourself, and your abilities, and look for your own thrill in your own hunts, it doesn't matter what a 7 year old with a spear is doing or some rich VP shooting a 180" buck.

I have seen it all on these forums. People want to push thier own ideals on others, cause it validates thier own, and if other do not agree, they feel insecure. Its really that simple.

I don't like high fense hunting, so I don't do it, I don't like baiting, so I don't do it, I sure don't like deer drives, so I don't do it. But others get pleasure from all these practicses. It works for them. Its like trout stocking. Same thing, I do it, I have no shame. Preserve quail hunting. I do it, and no shame in it.

I am just not so ready to jump on the "banning", this or that bandwagon. I love living in a country where I can be a slob hunter killing an animal in an enclosed fense and then taking pictures of it like I really hunted it.

You can't look for praise off an internet forum to drive your life.
It has absolutely nothing to do withinsecurity, not in even the most remote sense.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:50 AM
bigcountry

It has absolutely nothing to do withinsecurity, not in even the most remote sense.
Well, says you. From my point of view, the ethics police are just a bunch of insecure people who wants others to do what they do. They need validated for thier views.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, says you. From my point of view, the ethics police are just a bunch of insecure people who wants others to do what they do. They need validated for thier views.
I give up.

Quick Reply: 7 yr old, with an atlatl, inside a fence - video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.