Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Its not worth it, I quit! >

Its not worth it, I quit!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Its not worth it, I quit!

Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Its not worth it, I quit!

No not hunting! Many of you know of the on going saga of hunting the bottom on my lease and my BIL's anger at my wanting equal access. Well, I spent the day there yesterday. I saw 3 shooters and 3 non-shooters. I passed on a little 6 several times. He was under my stand for 1/2 an hour. I really wish I had some time earlier to scout in there. I'm pretty sure I could have got it done by now.
When I talked to my BIL about my day me got Po'd again. "Why didn't you shoot that 6 so you could be out of there"? and "Well if you go in there again you better bring your gun so you can kill a good deer and get out".
I am just not enjoying my hunts when I know how upset he is with me for hunting down there. I won't be going back down there. I quit, its just not worth it.
I don't think its fair but as I'm fond of saying, "The only fair around here is in east Dallas in October, its called the state fair!".
I have to think along the lines of "They are just deer". The 3 shooters I saw yesterday were all bigger than anything I've ever killed before. I have to figure out how to pull those deer up to "my" end of the lease. Or find a new place to hunt.
My season isn't over by any means. I have a lot of hunting to look forward to. and I intend to hunt in areas where I can enjoy myself.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Its not worth it, I quit!

I have to agree with you, its crap that you cant hunt down there but if its no fun then there is no point. We all know that having fun and enjoying yourself is the main motivation to get out there. Its just not worth the stress in my opponion! Good luck and go whack a big one on your end!
Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Like i said before, i went through this with my inlaws, they are negative people, im not, we did not jive together. I feel a whole lot better now. good luck
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would start to look for other options where to hunt. He cant have is cake and eat it too.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

That stinks. Nothing worse than being stressed out over something like that. The rule I learned a long time ago....don't tell anyone anything. You are better off that way, often times. Maybe that will help you.
good luck
Old 11-16-2007, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Excuse my stupidity, but whats a BIL? Some kind of term/abbreviation for a leasee or leaser? Sorry about your dealing with whatever nonsense your being put thru.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 AM

Your friend is an $sshole.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Brother in law. My wife and his are sisters.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:54 AM

Yeah, that doesn't sound like any fun.....I've apparently missed another thread of yours somewhere...

I dunno man.....that's tough, no doubt. This is just me, but you've got permission to be there, it's 100% legal, so who cares what he thinks? The bucks are there, you're in a good spot....Only you know for sure, but is it worth walking away from?

Oh, and forgive me......BIL?
Old 11-16-2007, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why would you even tell him the details of your day.From what you've told us and the stories you share, you are obviously the better hunter. Get in, get out...don't ask, don't tell!

Quick Reply: Its not worth it, I quit!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.