Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

aww crap

Old 11-15-2007, 07:41 PM

Default aww crap

so i went out tonight to get a doe so id have a buck tag for gun opener this weekend and got my chance. walked right in at 15 yards iput the arrow right behind her shoulder. jumped straight up and took off. waited 20 minutes got down checked the arrow. completely covered in blood. snuck out to my car waited an hour. went back to the arrow started looking and cant find a single drop more than 2 feet past the arrow. i looked right where shew was standing and walked down looking the path she ran off in. nothing. me and some guys are going out in a few minutes to look some more but this sucks. any suggestions? the blood wasnt bubbly. but i swear the arrow was a perfect shot. would heart blood not be bubbly? thanks for any help. i wont stop til i find her.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: aww crap

idk about all of the blood part but........GOOD LUCK MAN!!! YOU'LL FIND HER!!!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:02 PM

If it was a good shot you'll find her the hole prolly plugged, when the pressure builds and it runs it will start pouring out. good luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:25 PM

yup got plugged what heads you using?
Old 11-15-2007, 11:22 PM

well just got back. found blood about 30 yards from point of impact where i saw her running. followed it til we couldnt follow it anymore. it ran about 50 yards through pines with honeysuckles then went into a feild where it started to make a circle and we couldnt find any blood then. and its midnight and we all have to work in 5 hours.so ill go out again tomorrow after workto look. the whole blood trails been pretty weak except for one spot with a decent pile of foamy blood. im using 100g g5 montecs. not very pleased. but when i find the deer maybe ill find that my shot wasnt as good as i thought.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 PM

black is my stand.
blue is the trail she walked up.
green is point of impact.
yellow is the way i saw her run after shot.
red is blood spots.
the big red one is where it was all foamy and a decent amount of blood, id say close to 2 cups.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:24 PM

looked for 2 hours and got 10 feet further tonight. ill go out again tomorrow in the daylight.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck man! youll find her!!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:01 AM

have you found her
Old 11-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pile of foamy blood? Thats a dead deer!

Quick Reply: aww crap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.