Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews????

Old 11-15-2007, 01:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mathews????

very disappointed, looks like it will be a diamond or bowtech for me next year. dont know which one it will be yet though.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I prefer short bows. I'll shoot the DXT..if I like it I'll buy it. If not, I'll stick with what I have.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!! Doesn't look like they did a whole lot.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder if you need a bow press for the new Mathews? If ya know what I mean.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

WOW!!!!!

I was sure hoping for something better than they came out with last year. IMHO they took a step back with the drenalin. Looks like they took another step backwards and my Mathews sales will be down again this year.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

are the dampers in the idler wheel new for this year too? wonder if they realize diamond did that about 10 years ago.[8D]
Old 11-15-2007, 08:09 AM

Amazing how all those indians and primitive folks ever killed an animal with a bow before all this new technology came outChevy is better than ford, browning better than ruger you could go on and on. It's PERSONAL PREFERENCE NOTHING MORE, like it or not. Who cares anyway....
Old 11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

I don't understand all the bashing. They make an awesome bow. Smooth, fast, quality. Great customer service. Why try to re-invent the wheel all the time. I'm not sure Mathews was the first with one cam, parallel limbs, etc etc, but they had to be close??? Sometimes I wonder if their absence in the advertiser section on this site influences some of the members or higher-ups here.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:16 AM

personally, i think the best mathews bow i've ever shot was the XT... didn't care much for the drenalin at all... of the 3 "new" releases the only one that grabs my attention is the DXT, but, if I was buying a short ATA bow for stalking or ground blind hunting the xforce ss would be my number one choice... for stand hunting i prefer the mid length 33-34" ata's anyway... nothing in the mathews line up this year that makes me go WOW I've gotta buy one of those, though i'd still like to shoot 'em anyway... but i'm not gonna go out of my way to do it...
Old 11-15-2007, 09:37 AM

I will make a trip and test drive before I makean opinion on their new bows. I like the differences in the drenalin over the switchback and I'm wondering if the DXT is a better bow over the switchback XT.

If you look at the other manufacturers they basically did the same thing this year - just continued their line up and developed from their existing creation. All quality bow makers make sound business decisions.

Quick Reply: Mathews????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.