Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews????

Old 11-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews????

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

Amazing how all those indians and primitive folks ever killed an animal with a bow before all this new technology came outChevy is better than ford, browning better than ruger you could go on and on. It's PERSONAL PREFERENCE NOTHING MORE, like it or not. Who cares anyway....
Post of the day! Its still a stick and a string, with an accomplished archer behind the peep, most any decent brand/model can win a tourney or drop a buck, regardless of the brand name or bells and whistles.
Bows have come so far in the last 10-15 years, that all of the top brands are heads and shoulders above what we used to have.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad has used a recurve his entire life, with alum. arrows, and a 125 grain 2 blade broadhead. He has no problem killing deer, and I actually saw him double lung a 6 pointer at 52 yards.

I will shoot the newDXT along with Bowtech's new General. If one grabs me enough to change then I will buy it. If not, I am going to be taking my Switchback with me againnext year. I shot the Drenalin this year, and I loved it and thought it was a great bow.

People shoot what you feel comfortable with andnot with what someone else on this forum tells you is the best bow on the market.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I came home from work and feared the anti's would have eaten this thread up. As it turns out, thereare afew people out there that realize "to each his own."

Like others have said, I'll shoot the new bows. If I don't like them, my XT will be with me another year..and I have no problem with that one bit. I still have it b/c it's the best bow that I've ever shot.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well I can see how most people don’t seem thrilled with the new Mathews line up for 2008. It seem like most wanted short and fast, looks like they only got short. But I’m happy as can be with it. I’m not the biggest fan of short bows. So the new Drenalin LD is just what I have been looking for to replace my favorite bow of all times my MQ1. I have been emailing and calling Mathews for years telling them to make a 37-38” ata with 7- 7 ½” brace hunting bow. And they finally did. Specks are close to my MQ1 but will have less noise and vibration. I’m sold!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just thought I'd update for those interested. I'm at the shop and the new DXT is here. I've shot it quite a few times. First impression is that it is smooth and quiet. Probably smoother than the Drenalin, but I guess that is subjective without a draw force mapping tool to play with. It is quiet and has very little handshock. Our chrono at work isn't working right now, but at least it seems to be consistently off by the same margin. Compared to a regular drenalin, both with 29" cams, both drawing 65lbs, they are within 1fps of eachother. I have no doubt that a 70lb, 30" cam bow at 5gpp would produce speeds in the 310ish area with a loaded up string, it seems they are fairly accurate in their speed claims of 320ish.

All in all, it's really just a shorter dren and doesn't seem much different in any other area other than string angle. The new slimmer grip is nice too..........and yes this one is actually slimmer. I have no doubt that it is a good option if you are looking for a short blind/treestand bow for hunting. I'm sure they will sell quite a few of them this year.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:34 PM

Good post...thanks for the info, Rick!
Old 11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just a quick crappy camera phone picture as well. DXT, Drenalin, Drenalin LD in order from left to right for comparison.

Edit - the new camo is so close in comparison to the realtree APG that I forgot it was new camo till just now. I held the two bows next to eachother and if someone didn't tell you, you wouldn't know.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you know what the DXT and Drenalin LDs will be selling for?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

Do you know what the DXT and Drenalin LDs will be selling for?
Not 100% sure yet on prices. I know MSRP's but we haven't decided what the actual retail price will be.

MSRP's are as follows:

DXT - $859
Drenalin- $849
Drenalin LD - $899

To give you a comparison we sell regular Drenalins for $729. I imagine the LD's will go for around $779, and the DXT's will go for $739 at least here.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM

Thanks again, Rick...nice to come here and get some actual information. The juvenille bashing gets old quickly.

Quick Reply: Mathews????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.