Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Climber Suggestions >

Climber Suggestions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Climber Suggestions

Old 11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Climber Suggestions

Well I decided that I want to buy myself a good climber this upcoming off season.

The only problem is I am completely ignorant as to what I am looking for in a good one besides light weight. I want something that can easily be assembled in the dark (aid of a light of course), and is good quality. Price is not an issue. Just give me some good brands and models. Thanks guys.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Climber Suggestions

Lots of good ones out there, but I only have experience w/ 3. API, Gorilla, and Summit. Of those, the Summit wins, HANDS DOWN. Very secure, stable, quiet......And good luck staying awake.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seems the overwhelming support in this forum is for Summits. After owning a Summit, I sold it and bought an Ol'man Grand....I like it much more than the Summit.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Summit makes some great stuff. With that said, I looked at them all. I wanted a climber with a folding front bar and that basically left me with the Ameristep Non Typical, and the Summit Razor. I liked both and felt both were of the same quality, but the Ameristep was about $40 less and I felt had a MUCH better system to lock the top piece down with straps that locked it to the bottom piece making it rock solid. I love this stand, it's the only stand I've ever been able to stayin for 12 hours straight. The only draw back is that I sleep in it a LOT.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys,

Rob- do they sell the Ol' Man stands at Cabelas by any chance? My dad and I are going to make a trip out there during my winter break, and I'd like to see the stand before buying it. But from what I can see on the website, it is one I am considering.

Matt- I really like the look of the Non-Typical, is it easy to set up? It looks like it has a lot of parts.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really love my API Bowhunter. It has a completely open front which makes those close shots easier, you don't have to worry about your limbs hitting the bar. It is very light, grips the tree solid, is a breeze to attach to the tree, is totally silent, and very comfortable.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Zdeerslayer

Thanks guys,

Rob- do they sell the Ol' Man stands at Cabelas by any chance? My dad and I are going to make a trip out there during my winter break, and I'd like to see the stand before buying it. But from what I can see on the website, it is one I am considering.

Matt- I really like the look of the Non-Typical, is it easy to set up? It looks like it has a lot of parts.
Very easy to setup, one of the easiest to setup I've seen. Mine is actually the Non Typical Lite, but basically the same thing.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a summit, and a Hunters View I got from dicks on sale for $150 a few years ago. I find myself using the Hunters View more and more. Its a little lighter, quieter, easier to manuever, and easier to climb with.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Dominant Buck

If money is no problem as you say... look at the Equalizer. I've owned or presently own or used, the Baker(decades ago),Loggy Bayou, Buckshot, API, TreeSeat(a.k.a. TreeSling) Summit and the Equalizer. I got to tell you, it's not the lightest or easiest to use...... but it's definitely the nuts when it comes to climbing trees and snugging up when you tighten it down. It isn't going to move and it comfortable as your sofa. That from a 64 year old coot should tell you something. All have their good points and bad. After 40 years of climbing trees I feel the Equalizer is about as solid and simple as it gets. At least it's the best blend of all I've used. It isn't cheap... but it's really well made and performs as they say. The leveling feature is the nuts. I got rid of most but still have an API and Buckshot hanging in my garage with my Equalizer. The Equalizer is the only one that's left the garage this year.

https://www.equalizertreestands.com/index.php
Old 11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the input.

Quick Reply: Climber Suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.