Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BUCK ROAR???

Old 11-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default BUCK ROAR???

ok i heard alot about this call n have had it for a lil while but i only use it as a grunt tube for now. but what do u do to get teh BUCK ROAR to sound right i don't really know what it's supposed to sound like but could u help me and wat kind of calling sequences do you use
Old 11-13-2007, 07:25 PM

Default RE: BUCK ROAR???

Great call in my opinion. Don't be timid when using it, and don't get caught up in call sequence. Just remember he is pissed and horny. Try to call in areas they have to come look, if they can see a long ways the will respond but then just use there eyes to tell them nothing is there. It's easier to cal to a buck you can see also. That way you can judge his body language. Unless a truck stops to look at him from the road, and then spooks him. But thats just my bad luck.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:27 PM

it should have came with a little instructional dvd... mine did and that helped alot
Old 11-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

One or two short aggressive roars per sequence. I bought mine last week as the reed fell out of my True-talker, and the next day I 'roared' in three bucks inside of fifteen minutes with two sequences. The third was a mature shooter that hitched a ride home in the back of my Jeep! I was skeptical before i tried it, but can't believe how hard all three came in looking for the 'intruder'.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM
Dominant Buck

All these newbies pushing the buck roar. Heck, I've been hunting for over 50 years in probably 10 states and I haven't heard a buck roar yet. I guess I've led a sheltered life.[&:][8D] Excuse me if I seem skeptical of all these newbies having such great success with a sound I've never heard from Texas to NY to Florida, with points like Ohio and Indiana in between.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

All these newbies pushing the buck roar. Heck, I've been hunting for over 50 years in probably 10 states and I haven't heard a buck roar yet. I guess I've led a sheltered life.[&:][8D] Excuse me if I seem skeptical of all these newbies having such great success with a sound I've never heard from Texas to NY to Florida, with points like Ohio and Indiana in between.
Well maybe we can teach an old dog a new trick. I may be a newbie to the forum, but definatley not to hunting big whitetails, and I tend to do it the old fashion way. I was skeptical too, but had success unlike any grunt tube I've ever usedor even rattling for that matter.
It doesn't appear anyoneis forcing one into your hand, so how about you don't bash on something you haven't even tried or people you haven't ever met.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

IAhuntr,

Don't mind David, he probably forgot his geritol this morning. I have to admit I never heard a buck roar or growl in all my years in the woods. Of course, I've essentially been deaf since 1970, so they might have been growling at me every year and I didn't know it. The little Drury Bros video makes the call look pretty good. I think it will be like the "can". This time next year the woods will be filled with growling hunters alternating between blowing in the tube and tipping their cans. It's all good. Whatever works for you is what matters....
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 AM

On Nov. 7th this year I buck roared twice first thing in the morning. Which is what I also believe is by far the best time to call blindly. In about 2 minutes I had a deer that I am very familiar with come in w/ determination to find the buck that did it. I knew he was only a 3 yr old though so he got a free pass even though he was a 150 8 pt w/ spurs on each g'2. He was at 10yds and noticed us in the tree after awhile. He ran down the hill and about 2 minutes later I heard a very loud buck roar from him. It was short and loud. I looked at my cameraman in amazement as it was the first time I have ever heard it so distinct.

Later on I also heard another 3 yr old do a roar so it definately is a call they use.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

First off the I have the MAD one maybe it's the growl?? What-ever..I'll tell you as a stand alone grunt call it sounds fantastic and I have had very good success with it. The jury is still out on the growling part, I've tried it twice with no success.

But as a grunt call it's as good or better than most!
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

kool this weekend i hope tyo use it the ROAR that is can't wait

Quick Reply: BUCK ROAR???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.