Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting alone

Old 11-13-2007, 06:43 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default Hunting alone

How many hunt alone and why?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting alone

I do sometimes.....dont have to worry bout others messin up hunts...and most of the time its seimply because my cousins cant make it over to some with me or I just have no one to go with....
Old 11-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do, but when I can help it, I have a buddy with me. I like to share memories. And I tend to get myself in trouble when I am alone. Its alot more fun and safe with a friend in my case. This doesn't mean that I don't strike out on my own when no buddies are around. This time of year is way to precious not to be out there.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt solo. I guess I'm just a loner but really I just like to do things my way and not worrying about anyone else.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 PM

I do so I dont talk the entire time
Old 11-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

im with mert 04, i use to hunt with a group and wouldnt take anything back, Had some great times. I hunt with my boss once in awhile on his land but Im hunting his setup. On my lil piece of hunting property I hunt alone most of the time, Ive had the best success doing this also its nice to have 100 acres all to yourself with no pressure. I can hangnumerous stands and hunt the wind without worrying about whos gonna be there or here. ive became a pro at field dressing by myself also.. Ill invite a friend here and there but when the rut is on Im alone..
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt most the time by myself.My wife use to hunt with me.I go hunting once a year with friends.About the most weirdest hunt I ever went on with someone was with a Bull Dike.She was nice company,it was just strange forgetting every once in awhile she was a girl.

big rockpile
Old 11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

With two kids, three dogs, a cat with six kittens, a screeching bird and a yapping woman around....I hunt to BE alone.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

ALONE most of teh time!! i got a doe teh other day so right now i'm hunting w/ my cousin to try n VIDEO him shootin a doe! but really like 2 b alone less movment when the deer comes IN!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

never bowhunted with anyone.

why?? i guess because i dont have buddies that truely share the same passion i do. ya, i have friends that bow hunt...but they arent like me...dont take scouting to the degree i do, dont practice scent control to the degree i do, dont sit as long as i do, dont go in as early as i do etc etc....

if i found a buddy that was like me, id gladly tag team with them...find multiple stand locations in the area so we can both hunt...scout together..2 sets of eyes are better than 1...but finding someone like me around here isnt easy lol

kinda funny though...me and a buddy DID kinda tag team this year...i helped him scout and told him "THERE!" that tree! he helped me hang a stand that day as well...i knew where it was gettin hung. i hunted from the climber opening morning not far from where we hung that lock on...he killed a buck opening morning and i was there to help him gut and drag and congradulate him...

2 weeks later we went to his camp..last year i helped him take down all his stands up there even though i never stepped foot in them..i been flintlock and grouse hunting up there..told him id like to goto the "hemlock tree" stand and he said hed walk me there in the morning....i killed my buck from his tree that morning! he was grouse hunting up on the mountain top...got on the radio "BUCK DOWN BABY!!" and he was on his way....

it was awesome bein there for him, and him bein there for me...but i also like being solo...with those hunts we didnt really hunt together...just were both nearby when we killed...he thinks im nuts for scouting all year...having locations all over the place...etc...hes happy with ANY buck...which is fine, but if i get selective, id rather him not be shooting small bucks in areas we have to hunt....i dont know..i just need someone that is just like me to consider them a true hunting partner come spring turkey or bow season...

no reason i should do all the work...i dont know...i enjoy hunting alone in bow season and spring gobbler season...i take hunting too seriously to "enjoy" having someone muffing up my hunts...i enjoy the solitude of being out there alone...save the fun and comrodity for rifle, flintlock or small game season

Quick Reply: Hunting alone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.