Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 strongest deer ive ever seen part two, pics. >

strongest deer ive ever seen part two, pics.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

strongest deer ive ever seen part two, pics.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default strongest deer ive ever seen part two, pics.

Just got home. Here is the heart pics of the doe I was refering too in an earlier thread.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2447193

I cleaned it off to examine it. It was a bloody mess. Lots of cloted blood in and around it.

It was not nicked when cleaning, as you can clearly see. The broad head was a muzzy three blade, brand new. Could shave with it. This is why I made the first post. Most amazing thing ive ever seen.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: strongest deer ive ever seen part two, pics.

it looks like one of the blades did not cut much?? Did it break? thad seems to have made the hole 'narrower'??
Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Most of the shots ive seen though the heart do that. Nope, the boadhead come out A.O.K.. Im chalking it up as one crazy experience.

I wonder how many unrecovered deer do as this one did? The ones the guys say, "I could have swore it was a great shot, but couldnt find the deer". Makes me wonder?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huh....animals do not survive w/out blood, so the only explanation is the blood in this instance clotted much more, and faster, than most,reducing blood loss from the major organs damaged.Why? no clue...

I agree, there are 'perfect' shots that go wrong for some unexplained reason....but the vast majority of 'perfect' shots that go wrong are not as perfect as claimed in my opinion.

Just think, if you had pressured that deer more than you did trailing it....yea it might have died faster....but it might never have been found. With a HOLE in its heart!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

i would agree with joere it properly clotted around the heart to helped keep the flow down but i would think

the flow and since the heart was cut so bad it would not have been pumping and will out a pumping heart you would go brain dead weird kill ask a vet i guess
Old 11-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

Never seen that before! The only way I'd think that that could happen is if the arrow stayed in the deer. Wow, that is crazy.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Dominant Buck

That's just crazy. Absolutely nuts.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have to think that the heart was hit in the 'just right' area where, when it was pumping, the muscles contracting it must've been closing the hole up enough to actually seal it.

Amazing, not matter how you look at it.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hard to believe isn't it? I think it's because the deer didn't run after the shot. It just layed down and bedded. Still should have been dead though.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

I put my muzzy throught the heart to day and the buck still made it 200 yds......this year I've been hearing a lot of reports for people of deer running a long ways after well place shot....Seems strange

Quick Reply: strongest deer ive ever seen part two, pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.