" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 2nd brightest pin color? >

2nd brightest pin color?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

2nd brightest pin color?

Old 11-12-2007, 09:22 AM

Default 2nd brightest pin color?

I am going to order a new Viper Microtune and want to go with green and one other color. I know green is the brightest color. Which is the 2nd brightest, red or yellow? I ask because my sights have never had yellow pins. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 2nd brightest pin color?

I like yellow better. To me red is difficult to see in the last few minutes of shooting light.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

i actually see my yellow as my brightest...green is brighter in the sun, but come later on, that yellow seems to outshine it...goto the fitzfiber page..they have descriptions of the colors i believe...heck, i might order fibers from them when i order my viper this summer..i want colors i can see and are functional to me..not what some sight manufacturer says will work lol
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Thanks, that's exactly the time I was referring to. Red is easy to see in daylight but green far out shines it when it gets darker. I was going to go with all green, but afraid it might get confusing.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Green's brightest, yellow's next, and then red... Consequently, that's the order for my 20, 30, and 40-yard pins... they also "wink out" in that reverse order... as the light dims, I lose visibility of my 40-yarder first, then my 30 and finally my 20. Obviously, that's exactly what I want.

It also is a visual reminder of shot selection: Green means go... yellow -- use a bit more caution, and red... stop! Let's think about this for a second... will a better shot present itself later on?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Green's brightest, yellow's next, and then red... Consequently, that's the order for my 20, 30, and 40-yard pins... they also "wink out" in that reverse order... as the light dims, I lose visibility of my 40-yarder first, then my 30 and finally my 20. Obviously, that's exactly what I want.

It also is a visual reminder of shot selection: Green means go... yellow -- use a bit more caution, and red... stop! Let's think about this for a second... will a better shot present itself later on?
Good plan, Greg.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

I see the red the best in low light situations. got rid of the green pin. I have a single pin.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:56 PM

EXACTLY!!!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I like that Greg and mine run the same except, I also have a 2nd green for 50.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

So do I, Rob

I used to have just three, which was all I ever needed for these Midwest whitetails... but I added a 50 this year in preparation for my elk hunt in Colorado... and ended up leaving them on all my sights.

Quick Reply: 2nd brightest pin color?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.