Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 First Ever Muley!!!! 170 ish!!?? >

First Ever Muley!!!! 170 ish!!??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

First Ever Muley!!!! 170 ish!!??

Old 11-11-2007, 05:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default First Ever Muley!!!! 170 ish!!??

I know this is the bowhunting forum but I had to share in this forum. If I am wrong the ndelete it BUT You all know me as an archery nut but sometimes the firestick has to be busted out.........check out the story....

I may be over reacting but I just shot my first Mule Deer ever this week. I shot a Mule deer doe on wednseday and a Hammer ( in my opinion) of a buck on Friday with 30 min left in the hunt.

I was on a week long bow hunt with Montana whitetails Inc. located right outside of Boseman. We were hunting during gun season with our bows.THe weekwas slowwe were seeing deer butnothing we wanted to shoot then Thursady and friday 4 whitetails went dowm all around or above pope and young.Anyway after a long weekI saw a very, very nice whitetailbuck on friday AM but nothing doing for that big boy he just was not responding to the calling. SO with that said to make a very long story short. I execised an option for a last minute chase on Mule deer. Now never in a million years did I think I would harvest a buck of this caliber. BUt Keith, owner of MOntana whittails, busted his but and we got it done. I could not be more proud of this deer. I am being told by a few that it may score in the mid to upper 170's. I have no clue to be honest I am usually an archery whitetail nut. But when an opportunity presents itself like this how could i refuse. After alot of glassing, alot of UP hill and my longest shot ever (235 yards) I ended up with a great memory and trophy. Once again Kieth went above and beyond. hope the pic post.

Old 11-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: First Ever Muley!!!! 170 ish!!??

Great Mule Deer Frank, fantastic job and he is a dandy. What's the minumum with a firestick for book? Would this be your second book buck in one year?
Old 11-11-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is one studdddd mulie, congrats.

But next time stick with the bow.JK
Old 11-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking mulie..congrats!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW!!!!!!

THATS AWESOME MAN!!!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:14 PM

What is the width and height of the rack?
Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Rob, I am not sure what the bench mark is for the old firestick. I will check into it. I would love to have two for the books in 1 year. It is turnign out to be a season of a lifetime, for me at least.

As for the height he is just big[8D].I did not take measurements, got caught up in the moment and I did have a time issue.Literally shot him it got dark and I flew out the next morning, not much time for celebration. I will actually get the antlers back this week from the taxidermist in Montana, I just got off the phone with him. He is shipping them back tomorrow and the hide to my taxidermist here in PA in a few weeks. Once I get it back I will score it and keep you guys posted.

It realy is killing me that I did not get hi with the bow but I am grateful for what I got regardless.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck, congrats!!
Old 11-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome deer Frank! Congrats! It takes 180 to go B&C... for the award, and 190 "all time"

You might be there! Good luck!
Old 11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks, iamyourhuckleberry, I was told by a good source that he will be close. I am not hung up on that but man would that be sweet to shoot my first ever book bucks in i year. A pope and young whitetail and a "booner" muley...could it be..........we will see.

Quick Reply: First Ever Muley!!!! 170 ish!!??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.