Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 go in at dark or wait for light >

go in at dark or wait for light

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

go in at dark or wait for light

Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default go in at dark or wait for light

ok up till yesterday i have went in at dark everytime but my first with a flashlight once i jumped a deer at dark

yesterday i jumped three that were running around at light about 7

i have noticed the deer are up and moving right before or at light so i try to get there at dark about

would you go in at dark and risk moving them with the light or wait
Old 11-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: go in at dark or wait for light

Go in at dark, you will really jump them at first light. You can get a red filter for your flash light. I have, at times, held my hand over my light to only allow a little light out.

I assume you are talking about morning hours?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

If I know where I am going i try to be there and set up 1/2 hour before 1st light.

HH
Old 11-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Go before light, you have less risk at jumping them up, and get a red lens for your light like burnie said, you will spook less deer. Get there and settled in a half an hour before light to let the woods settle down a bit and be ready for some action at first light. Good luck to you!
Old 11-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Learn your area so you can sneek in with out a flashlight and getinto your standatleast a half hour before light. Deer may here you but this wont spook them nearly as much... Good tip for walkin in the dark is use specific trees that stand out and have a unique characterand use the sky moonlight to see these features. Practice lookin for those route marker in and out of stands. Before you know it you won't even be using them and you will walk straight to your tree every time. WCL
Old 11-08-2007, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would go in at dark everytime. Go in an hour before dark. Hold your flashlight at a downward angle so you don't shine it all over the place. Learn the area that you hunt so you can move in on a full moon night without a flashlight. Sometimes cover the sides of your flashlight up with your hands as you move through areas that you believe you will bump deer.

shadow
Old 11-08-2007, 05:29 PM

Go in at dark, I try to be in my stand an hour before first light. And most of the time, I try to walk in without the flash light...
Old 11-08-2007, 05:36 PM

i go to my stand about 1hour early.this way i dont have to bust threw the woods an jump any deer.an i also make my trail to my stands away from bedin area.even though i no deer dont allways bed in the bedin area.thats how i do it an have no problem wit jumpin deer
Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Spike

Go in at dark!!! If i hunt a stand and know that i will jump up deer or that they mite be there i will be in my stand 2 or 3 hours be for sun rise. most of the time they will come back. i have even had does and bucks be around 20 yards from my stand and stay there as i get in it..
Old 11-08-2007, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: OH moster buck

Ihave even had does and bucks be around 20 yards from my stand and stay there as i get in it..
Any chance that i can come over and hunt your poperty??

Quick Reply: go in at dark or wait for light

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.