Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Last Sunday Morning Hunt >

Last Sunday Morning Hunt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Last Sunday Morning Hunt

Old 11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Last Sunday Morning Hunt

Got in my stand last Sunday morning and it felt like a good morning. By 7:30 I saw 9 deer. A little 5 pointer and a smaller that I passed up and the rest does and fawns. Got out of my stand around 9 am to go check my camera which is like 25 yards from my stand.

I was at the camera and I heard something off to my left. I look and it's the big 11 I have got on camera. He was about 50 yards away when he trotted off. If I only would of stayed in my stand 10 more mintues I would have got him . He was angling right towards me. I was so mad but yet I was happy because I finally got to see the first shooter of the year.

Hunted Sunday night he might come back out but he never did. Had the same 8 pointer come through, a nice two and half year old nine pointer that I passed, and another shooter buck in the field that didn't come close enough. Was an exciting weekend.

Took off work this Friday to hunt this bad boy and hopefully he shows up again while I am in my stand this time.

Here's the pic I got of him:

Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Last Sunday Morning Hunt

Thats a big boy, good luck with him...i love the mass.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Monster
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Spike

Good luck! He's purdy...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Typical Buck

That is a BIGBOY! I had something happen like that. 2 weekends ago, i sat in the stand all evening, didnt see anything, so i got out about 20 minutes before daylight.(i know stupid) So i walk up to the tank where my dad is and he is watching a 10 about the size of urs but not near as thick and i spooked him. SO we head to the back again to checkmy camera, and my dad says, "Trey what is that" so i look up and there is the 8 i was hunting for not 15 yards beside my stand.
Good luck with that bruiser
Old 11-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

me likes what me sees
Old 11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Typical Buck

Defenitely a very nice deer. Good luck with him.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

"If I only would of stayed in my stand 10 more mintues I would have got him"

So, you are pretty sure you would have gotten him? Just because he was near your stand, doesn't mean he wouldn't have detected that youwere there and spook,nor does it mean he would have offered a shot opportunity. And to top it all off, you still had to make a good shot on him!

Haha, just messing with ya. That deer is gorgeous. I, myself,can't pass up a 110" 2 1/2 year old buck, but if there was any way you could let this guy make it through another year so his G5s have a chance to grow, this deer will be huge. It's huge to me, I never see 2 1/2 year old bucks, let alone 3 1/2 or 4 1/2 year olds! Good luck man!
Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I don't think he needs another year I think he needs many years on my wall!!!!

Quick Reply: Last Sunday Morning Hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.