Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 If you're looking for a new broadhead to use... >

If you're looking for a new broadhead to use...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

If you're looking for a new broadhead to use...

Old 11-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default If you're looking for a new broadhead to use...

Just use rage broadheads I've now shot two hogs and an 8 point with them all 3 ran less than 40 yards. I couldn't believe the damage that it did to the hogs also. They both left a blood trail that a blind man could follow. Here's some pics... Also, everything you see is ENTRY wounds, the exit wounds were kinda grusome

Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: If you're looking for a new broadhead to use...

nice animals...ive thought of useing them but am not sure cuz i only shoot like 50-55 #, and i want as much penetration as i can get. think id have a problem?
Old 11-06-2007, 03:40 PM

Dude, I was just talking about them. I shoot muzzy, and they are good, but man, these Rage heads seem to do much damage. I dont know about expandable heads never shot them, but the pics Ive seen are awsome. How do they fly? hoe do the practice heads fly?? do they always open on impact?let me know.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used them for one hunt and that was enough for me. I lost a buck due to the terrible pentetration they got. IMOthe G5Montecs have outperformed them in every way.

I will admit, they do open a big hole and leave a greatblood trail. I would much rather be able to assure myself that I am not going to lose any kinetic energy in the process, and be able to bust through any type of bone that it may come in contact with.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM

So I should stick with my bone shattering Muzzies???
Old 11-06-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your looking for a new broadhead to use...............USE STEEL FORCE!!!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Illinois Buck Hunter

I used them for one hunt and that was enough for me. I lost a buck due to the terrible pentetration they got. IMOthe G5Montecs have outperformed them in every way.

I will admit, they do open a big hole and leave a greatblood trail. I would much rather be able to assure myself that I am not going to lose any kinetic energy in the process, and be able to bust through any type of bone that it may come in contact with.
Terrible penetration? Bone? How does blasting through 2 ribs in the way in and 1 on the way out sound to you. These rages are the real deal, ive had unbelievable results. Pictures to prove.

Old 11-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just going off my personal experience and what happened. If they work for you then good. I heard the testimonials from everyone and tried them. For me, the Montecs work better.

It's all about what you prefer, and what gives you confidence at the moment of truth. I KNOW I can bust through there with my Montec. With the Rage, I am having that little doubt in the back of my mind that may cause a poor shot.

Bottom line stick with what works for you.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

Exactly, bottom line is stick with what your confident with. Definately dont want to be at full draw, pin on the deer, andbe wondering whats going to go wrong.Im just offering some of my personal experience with these broadheads. I was completely unsure, and refused to judge until i tried them and ive had perfect results.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

nice photos of the damage caused by that head...if u are shooting a modern
fast bow..pulling 60+ lb..better yet 65+..u can shoot these mechs and have
the results u see above..u can shoot less heat,but on a bad shot u will get
a bad result...now..muzzy..g5..slick tricks will sometimes, on a bad shot, still
b enough to get the job done and recovery will b easy i love muzzy's, simply
one of the best designs every...and thy toast deer...and come through without
a nick

Quick Reply: If you're looking for a new broadhead to use...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.