Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not? >

Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
It's the country, let dogs be dogs and run the countryside.
1.79%
Let them run, but not during any open deer season.
1.79%
Keep the dogs on your own property or at least try to.
96.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Old 11-06-2007, 02:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Hell no. I used to hunt on my brothers property and these guys would let their dogs run loose...I got sick and tired of it! Those dogs would run the deer skittish!

Old 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Not saying I would..but dogs get shot around here, if in the deer woods.
Well the last two guys that shot my Dogs I sued and won.Its very much against the Law to shoot Dogs in this state just because they are on your property.

I also Sued a Guy and Won because his Dog did damage on my property.

That being said I try to keep my Dogs on my property.But every once in awhile they go for a 5 minute run over to a neighbors.I don't know why,they just run over there and back to the house.But anyone shoots them I will take them to court.

big rockpile
Old 11-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

when i lived in both k and nc i ad proplems with local dogs one was a 100 pound rot that came up to me at night and i thought it was a mountain lion still i seen the black just about shot it

another was a half pit half husky that ran off the turkeys deer and tryed to eat my chickens in nc keep your dogs on your land even if it is the country one day they might go for a ride or get shot
Old 11-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

I have a pointer that runs like the wind and ranges well. She listens to me and will not leave our yard. I would never condonethe shooting dogs of dogs, but if they're running free without much action from the owner, sooner or later they'll get it from a car, other animals, or a hunter. Keep an eye on your dogs or don't have any of 'em.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:12 PM

I despise dogs running where they wish. My labs stay in their kennels and if they are out with me they know their boundaries. And should they attempt to deviate a little jolt of electricity usually gets the point through to them.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

i was not going to shoot the dog because it was a dog but because i thought it was a mountain lion which one had been seen in the area
ORIGINAL: Canned Heat

I have a pointer that runs like the wind and ranges well. She listens to me and will not leave our yard. I would never condonethe shooting dogs of dogs, but if they're running free without much action from the owner, sooner or later they'll get it from a car, other animals, or a hunter. Keep an eye on your dogs or don't have any of 'em.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:45 PM

ORIGINAL: big rockpile

Well the last two guys that shot my Dogs I sued and won.Its very much against the Law to shoot Dogs in this state just because they are on your property.

That being said I try to keep my Dogs on my property.But every once in awhile they go for a 5 minute run over to a neighbors.I don't know why,they just run over there and back to the house.But anyone shoots them I will take them to court.

big rockpile
Sounds to me like you win no matter what side of the fence you're one. Just sue sue sue.[:@]
Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

i know in nc that you can shoot a dog or any animal if you feel it is a threat to you your property or animals i had a cop in nc telkl me just shoot the dang thing when i ha da local dog get in my house destroy my couch and chair then it tried to eat my chickens i called the law they said you can shoot it dead but you can not haul it off to the pound
ORIGINAL: Predator19

ORIGINAL: big rockpile

big rockpile
Sounds to me like you win no matter what side of the fence you're one. Just sue sue sue.[:@]
Old 11-06-2007, 06:13 PM

Not cool to let your dogs run free but once in a while one is going to get out/away from the owner. I don't condone shooting someone's dog. A shot or two over there head or swift kick to the behind usually sends them home in a hurry.If youwouldn't want someone to do thatto your dog, then do don't do it to someoneelse's.Dont be afraid to go over talk to your neighbor.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Okay To Let Your Dogs Run On Others Property, Or Not?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.