Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

wisconsin rut

Old 11-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Spike

Default wisconsin rut

what is your guys input on the stage of the rut in wisconsin...with this cold front coming in they should be starting to move as much as possible..right?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 PM

Default RE: wisconsin rut

The bucks are moving hard around N.E Wisconsin. The does arent ready yet but the bucks are in full chase mode here
Old 11-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt in Waupaca county in central WI. Saw a lot of bucks moving this past weekend but the does aren't in heat yet and this weekend they should starting to be. Should see a lot of action in the woods this week and this weekend!! I took off work Friday cause I know they will be chasing hard!!!

Good luck!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:33 PM

The bucks are definitely on the move in Portage. Last weekend i saw quite a few bucks chasing and on the move!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:37 PM
Fork Horn

It's starting in West central Wisconsin. Too bad I just got back from taking vacation, I guess I thought it would be a little earlier.

Should be primetime Thursday thru the weekend.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

yeah, i had nov 1-5 on vaca cause i figure it would have started... over in vernon county, bucks werent chasing, the 4 1/2 year old doe i shot, her hocks where not all colored... it will be this week starting...
Old 11-06-2007, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bucks were chasin does around us all weekend. Buddy killed a hog sat night and I shot a good buck sunday night. He rattled and doe bleeted him in and I grunted mine in. He came on a dead run, also there was a hot doe in the valley that a fork was chasin around and he knew it. Other buddies had good bucks chasin doe around them to just no shot oppertunities. Also there was a ton of bucks registered in town this weekend the picture board was cleared and filled up again. Some brutes are bein killed thats for sure. WCL
Old 11-06-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

pics didnt work try

Old 11-06-2007, 06:03 PM
Typical Buck

im gonna be huntin this weekend in NW Langlade county, have been up since the last weekend of october, sounds like it'll be a great weekend for huntin, the weather is gonna be pretty dreary, but i plan on puttin out some scent wicks with estrous doe urine, any other tactics you guys find work exceptionally well this time of year right before they start breeding?
Old 11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: wisconsin rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.