Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tinks 69

Old 11-05-2007, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Tinks 69

Ok, I'm just curious here. I have used Tinks 69 Doe in Estrous scent over the past 3 years and I have noticed a startling trend. Once the deer, both bucks and does smell it, they act as though they are in grave danger and run off snorting through the woods. I have used this product properly and I have been up-wind of the deer everytime I used it. What the heck is going on? Is the product that bad? What "Truely" works? I live in Cincinnati, Ohio if that helps. Please offer me some suggestions and or tips. Thanks in advance
Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tinks 69

Tinks 69 is an estrous scent. Non-estrous does will be repelled by it. If a buck is following a doe and the doe runs away from your Tinks 69, the buck will follow the live doe. It should however work on a lone buck unless it's way too early in the season. Try using both an estrous scent and a dominant buck scent. This may bring in the big boys but the little guys might be driven away.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure the scent trail is upwind of the deer, not you!
Old 11-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just depends what they are in the mood for..like Andy says.

Heck I grunted a nice buck in Saturday...Yesterday I see a "deer" andgrunt at it and it takes off like a bullet. I assume it was a doe that was tired of being pesterred by horny bucks??
Old 11-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have never had a deer react to in anyway...But I still carry a bottle with me..Works great as a lubricant for squeaks in my treestand..
Old 11-05-2007, 02:33 PM

VS-1 is the ticket!!!! The Deer Herd in a Stick is an amazing cover scent and VS-1 estrous works awesome!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Huntm up, thanks for the info, actually I was on youtube.com yesterday and saw an ad. I'm ordering the entire package today. Thanks bro
Old 11-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ill let you in on my families little secret
the best deer urine you can find is BullsEye Bucks
they are located somewhere in minnisota or wisconson
i dont have the number though, my old man does
Old 11-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=VS-1+estrous+&search=Search
Old 11-05-2007, 08:42 PM

Im noticing the same with Tinks this year. I have usually had some luck using Tinks 69, but this year, three hunts in a row, I put out 2 or 3 scent bombs with 69 in them. used rubber gloves every time I handles them, very careful about the wind, and the whole nine yards. In three hunts in a row, Ive had young bucks by themselves get downwind of a scent bomb, and go on full alert! They have all acted very nervous circling and stomping trying to figure it out, then they leave out stiff legged and tail raised, one even snorted at it. I dont know if I got a bad bottle, but three out of four deer that have smelled it have spooked, and the one that didnt seemed confused by it, and nervous.

Quick Reply: Tinks 69

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.