HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Help Looking For A New Bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/216016-help-looking-new-bow.html)

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 10:09 AM

Help Looking For A New Bow

Im looking for a bow for next fall. i will have outgrown the PSE im shooting now by then. My Price range is nothing above $550. what are some suggestions? i am going to need one with a draw length of at least 28" and above 55#
thanks

GR8atta2d 11-05-2007 10:13 AM

RE: Help Looking For A New Bow

I suggest a "used" top line bow. Many will want the latest and greatest. (me included) After season many will sell and this site has a classified section.

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 10:15 AM

where can i find this so called classified section lol
ive been looking a lot lately and ive been liking some of the diamonds and hoyts and reflexes

GR8atta2d 11-05-2007 10:16 AM

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=67

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 10:21 AM

thanks but i am just going to go to the bass pro and or cabelas and get a bow set up there. i have been ripped off in online classifieds before so i am going to get a new bow
any suggestions on brands?

GR8atta2d 11-05-2007 10:25 AM

If you are talking of a good, new bow, completelyset-up for $550..including a site, arrow rest, quiver, peep..arrows etc. No I got no suggestions. That's not enough dough for my tastes. ;)

mohunter82 11-05-2007 10:25 AM

a friend of mine just got the fred bear element. and he loves it. i shoot a fred bear also. not to heavy of a bow and you can still afford to put some good accessories on it.

bigbuckOO 11-05-2007 10:29 AM

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

a friend of mine just got the fred bear element. and he loves it. i shoot a fred bear also. not to heavy of a bow and you can still afford to put some good accessories on it.
I just bought an 07 Fred Bear Code, and yesterday morning put down the first deer i shot at with it. Complete pass through and she did not know what hit her. Walked off 10 yards and then just fell over. I really like this bow. Easy to tune and forgiving. I got the bow, a ripcord, peep, string loop and a stabilizer for 560.

RogueAtHeart 11-05-2007 10:34 AM

I bought my bow used prior to last season and it had only been shot in one tournament. You can avoid online troubles when looking for a bow by going to local pro-shops. They will usually have bows taken in on trade with little to no wear.

They may even let you post a "Wanted" sign specifying what you want to get and what you are prepared to pay.

As far as top of the line bows go, you'll be hard pressed to get a new one for $550 set up. As it was I got my one year old bow that shoots better than any I have ever owned, completely set up for $450.

The Fred Bears may be an acception, but I don't know anything about them. I have only seen them, never shot one.

I really think this is your best bet. If you want it for next season, there's no huge rush is there?

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 11:41 AM

no rush whatsoever
i want it by about may so i can start practicing with it
im looking for a bow only though, for about 550
i have all the accessories i need
ive been looking at the fred bears and i really like them
my first bow was a fred bear
but any suggestions on which new fred bears

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 03:20 PM

any suggestions on a new fred bear?

rookie51 11-05-2007 03:47 PM

Hey i just got the new pse catalog. search the pse stinger sweet looking bow thats right at 300 bucks. But really have to look around your proshops and shoot some bows before you decide what you want.

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 03:54 PM

thank you
i will look at that pse right now

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 03:56 PM

i just looked at it
theres one problem
its not an ajustable draw and weight
im only 14
so im still growing
i need them ajustable
thanks

Vulture6 11-05-2007 06:24 PM

Cabelas has a lot of the Parker bows on sale right now - they don't receive the same hype or marketing as some of the other brand name bows out there, but they're good bows. They also have some PSE and Baer bows on sale as well -- worth a look.

popeandyoungchaser 11-05-2007 06:33 PM

If you already have the accesorries you need then it will be no problem to find a bow you like for 550$. Here are just a few suggestions that i am going to start with when i look for a new one in the spring /summer. Martin Bengal, Fred bear lights out, Reflex Ridgline 34 and growler, Mission x3 and 4 and probably a few others. I would shoot every bow you can get your hands on in the price range and go from there.

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 06:46 PM

ya right now im leaning towards the bears, but i like the parkers and reflexes, and at a proshop close to me they have hoyts from last year and a couple years ago that are very cheap and good bows

BOWHUNTER818 11-05-2007 07:27 PM

Look at a ROSS. All that i need to say is u will never turn back!

BH818

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 07:28 PM

alright
ill check it out

mohunter82 11-05-2007 07:30 PM

hoyts are very good. but regardless i would recomend to shoot evrything you can get your hands on just to see. I like hoyts but not to big on mathews.

BOWHUNTER818 11-05-2007 07:59 PM

I know you are not wanting to deal on the e-net but on the ross forum there is and 06 or 07 Switchback XT set up ready to shoot for 500$. Just let you know heres the link:

http://ncarcheryshack.com/rossarchery/viewtopic.php?t=2925

BH818

BOWHUNTER818 11-05-2007 08:01 PM

But like what MOhunter82 said shoot anything you can get your hands on, but that switchy is a good deal.

BH818

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 08:04 PM

im going to shoot everything i can
and about the link, thanks but no thanks

BOWHUNTER818 11-05-2007 08:18 PM

Thats Cool but still make an attempt to shoot a ROSS.

BH818

Rory/MO 11-05-2007 08:21 PM

alright i will

Centaur 1 11-05-2007 09:17 PM

I'm not familiar with the bear bows but I bought a Diamond Justice after last years hunting seasons ended for only $399 at bass pro shops. Check out the Diamonds, they're awesome.

RogueAtHeart 11-05-2007 09:27 PM

You having all the accessories makes it a lot easier!

All the major guys have their budget bow lines. Hoyt has Reflex, Matthews has Mission (Pretty sure that's right), and Ross bows tend to be a little cheaper also. Get your hands on every bow you can and let some arrows fly. Figure out what kind of things you like... grips and such... and go from there.

For instance, I can't stand Matthews grips. I only know that because I shot every bow in their 2007 lineup... most of them more than once.

hnt24.7 11-05-2007 09:35 PM

I got my bow when i was 13 and i am still shooting it i am now 15 i shoot a hoyt v-tec

if i was you i would just save my $$$ and get a hoyt i am not just saying this this is a fact i could have got any bow i looked at the facts hoyt are the best by far

bigbuckOO 11-05-2007 10:29 PM

If you want a Fred Bear, look at The Truth, Code, Instinct and even the Element. They are also coming out with The Truth 2 for their new line. They have their new bows up on their website. I bought the 07 Code about 2 months ago from a local shop, i cant complain. It's easy to tune and very forgiving, and fast. It more then did the job for me on that doe yesterday morning. Just shoot em all and see which fits ya best.

DeerStalker80 11-06-2007 12:41 AM

if you have that kind of money to spend on just a bow I would recommend a bowtech allegiance the draw length is from 26-30 the only think is that to change the draw length you will have to take it in to get the modules changed out but that is a darn good bow and you can find dealers that still have the 2007 bows and they will sell them cheaper than what is on the price take. Becuase the 2008 bows are out I just picked up a new guardian a few weeks ago new in a box from the dealer for 680. You just have to talk to them and work something out. The sticker on the guardian is 750. Most new allegiance are 599 so you could probable talk them into what you are willing to pay for a bow and the diamond is the cheaper line of bowtech which is a very could bow but why buy mid grade when for the same price you can buy top of the line.

Rory/MO 11-06-2007 08:14 AM

thanks guys for all of the help
right now i am most likely going to get a fred bear
not sure which one yet
but im still checking out some others

Tbone1187 11-06-2007 08:29 AM

look at the dimonds and the bowtech's I just picket up a tribuet from bowtech for $600 its the best bow i could find any where around this price rang when i was looking try it out.

fmedic5 11-06-2007 11:20 AM

ORIGINAL: xXxrory7xXx

thanks guys for all of the help
right now i am most likely going to get a fred bear
not sure which one yet
but im still checking out some others
If you have a Cabelas near you (I know there is a new store in Missouri, not sure how far you are from it), but it would be worth the trip. A friend just got the Fred Bear Element, its in your price range and they put together a great all inclusive package in that range, everything from sight, arrows, release, rest, case, etc. Its a good deal with good accessories. Good luck and like everybody else said, shoot everything you can get your hands on.