Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help Looking For A New Bow >

Help Looking For A New Bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help Looking For A New Bow

Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help Looking For A New Bow

Im looking for a bow for next fall. i will have outgrown the PSE im shooting now by then. My Price range is nothing above $550. what are some suggestions? i am going to need one with a draw length of at least 28" and above 55#
thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help Looking For A New Bow

I suggest a "used" top line bow. Many will want the latest and greatest. (me included) After season many will sell and this site has a classified section.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

where can i find this so called classified section lol
ive been looking a lot lately and ive been liking some of the diamonds and hoyts and reflexes
Old 11-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tt.aspx?forumid=67

Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks but i am just going to go to the bass pro and or cabelas and get a bow set up there. i have been ripped off in online classifieds before so i am going to get a new bow
any suggestions on brands?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

a friend of mine just got the fred bear element. and he loves it. i shoot a fred bear also. not to heavy of a bow and you can still afford to put some good accessories on it.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you are talking of a good, new bow, completelyset-up for $550..including a site, arrow rest, quiver, peep..arrows etc. No I got no suggestions. That's not enough dough for my tastes.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mohunter82

a friend of mine just got the fred bear element. and he loves it. i shoot a fred bear also. not to heavy of a bow and you can still afford to put some good accessories on it.
I just bought an 07 Fred Bear Code, and yesterday morning put down the first deer i shot at with it. Complete pass through and she did not know what hit her. Walked off 10 yards and then just fell over. I really like this bow. Easy to tune and forgiving. I got the bow, a ripcord, peep, string loop and a stabilizer for 560.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:34 AM

I bought my bow used prior to last season and it had only been shot in one tournament. You can avoid online troubles when looking for a bow by going to local pro-shops. They will usually have bows taken in on trade with little to no wear.

They may even let you post a "Wanted" sign specifying what you want to get and what you are prepared to pay.

As far as top of the line bows go, you'll be hard pressed to get a new one for $550 set up. As it was I got my one year old bow that shoots better than any I have ever owned, completely set up for $450.

The Fred Bears may be an acception, but I don't know anything about them. I have only seen them, never shot one.

I really think this is your best bet. If you want it for next season, there's no huge rush is there?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

no rush whatsoever
i want it by about may so i can start practicing with it
im looking for a bow only though, for about 550
i have all the accessories i need
ive been looking at the fred bears and i really like them
my first bow was a fred bear
but any suggestions on which new fred bears

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.