Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 advice on a climbing stand. >

advice on a climbing stand.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

advice on a climbing stand.

Old 11-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Default RE: advice on a climbing stand.

first year hunting for me...been using my buddy's summit backpacker climber and its real easy to use (took me a couple of times to get used to the whole climbing thing, but now I'm up and down in no time). A little expensive, but nice and comfy, maybe a lil too comfy at times...
Old 11-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

So does the rest on the Viper get in the way for bowhunting?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Actually, I didn't believe the hype everyone was spewing about the Viper until I bought one. It was cheap so I thought I'd try it out. I like the stirrups more than the regular bungeesfor the platform because they are easier for me to use. Downside, I've already noticed rust on it after two hunts in the rain. I also found out now that the rail around the front isof good use for something other than sitting while climbing. If I pull the seat all the way forward I can pin my knees in the corners of the rail and bundle up for a little more warmth. I also discovered that bundling up like this put me to sleep easier. I hunt in big woods with no defined trails the deer use on a consistant basis, so I have to watch for movement. It's hard to watch for movement when you're asleep for nearly an hour and a half.
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

get a summit yhe most comfortable stand i have ever owned
Old 11-05-2007, 05:31 PM

i have a BIG Game and gorilla climber treestands and i love them.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: MarkfromNWMO

So does the rest on the Viper get in the way for bowhunting?
only in an extreme downward angle shot. But you can adjust the height of the seat to change where the rail sits. The summits are tough to beat, I've tried a bunch of different climbers,and they are tops.

The goliath is nothing but a viper, but with a wider seat section. I'm 5'10, 200, and actually wish I had a Goliath. Especially in colder weater with bulky clothes on. I may seriously consider that next year.....or...

....I've had my eye on the Equalizer now for some time, and I may pull the trigger on that purchase. A lot guys seem to like them.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

I have a Goliath when I bought it I was 340, I was comfortable in it then. I'm 220 now and love it, very easy to use and quiet. I'll have no problem buying another when/if this one wears out.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:59 AM
Spike

i have a summit also and i'm 255 pounds. and ifell comfortable
Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 AM
Spike

feel
Old 11-06-2007, 04:03 AM
Dominant Buck

I absolutely love my Loggy. Here's the link:

http://www.loggybayou.net/2006pages/stalkerseries.htm

I don't care for the climbing aid. My friends and I prefer to use it as a one piece. It's small, compacted and secure. Once the seat is locked in, it can't move a bit. When your up 30' +, that's nice to know. It can also be a lock on and I have used it as such in a few areas.

Quick Reply: advice on a climbing stand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.