Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 is the rut on in ny >

is the rut on in ny

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

is the rut on in ny

Old 11-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Spike

Default RE: is the rut on in ny

i'll be out in the morning, i hope two see the rut on and yes its going to be cold for the next few days.. any day now i'll be doing the kill dance..
Old 11-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Fork Horn

Go spotlighting and watch the activity. I've seen alot of chasing and have seen some bucks locked onto the does laying in the field, they won't budge. Things are hot right now. Tonight thefront is on top of us and not much movement. As soon as it is over it will be primetime.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Get out and stay out! Its started. Saw 6 different bucks today all nose to the ground or in the air looking and scent checking. Did not see the monster I shot over yest. though. Broke my own rule for that spot and hunted the morn. there. Pushed some deer on the walk in just hoping he wasn't one of 'em.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt now. Hunt every day you can. Hunt every hour you can. Does it matter when during that time the rut occurs?
Old 11-07-2007, 12:04 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

No bucks chasing, but the guys got three 8pts a 6 pt and a doe this week end. Me zip
Old 11-07-2007, 12:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heading out to Ostego County tomorrow and am hunting TR PM to Monay PM.
Should be good!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:32 PM

buck are chasing here in Honeoye/Canadice area. Lots of chasing but the does just arnt horny enough yet[&:]. The bucks are starting to get the tingle in their dingle but the does arnt realy to mingle quite yet. With this really big cold front coming in...with all the garbage snow and such...makes it hard to estimate when and where the rut will really hit. be out in the woods the next week or so...as much as possible.

Anyone noticing the deer moving in these high winds? I was in a tree last night with like 30 mph winds and the deer were all over the place still moving. I almost fell outta the tree drawing back on a doe....had to stop because i was gonna fall!!![:@]oh well...the big 10pt is still running around and i have my new stand so tommorow....ill be doing my hula girl dance in front of a downed monster!!! AWWRIGHT!
Old 11-08-2007, 02:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Anyone noticing the deer moving in these high winds? I was in a tree last night with like 30 mph winds and the deer were all over the place still moving. I almost fell outta the tree drawing back on a doe....had to stop because i was gonna fall!!!
I've noticed that too. It was pretty raw and blustery last night and I still saw quite a few deer. It's about 29 degrees this morning with calm winds [8D]. Just feels like a morning something good should happen.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:20 AM

well i went out this morning....and what a morning it was. Nothing came in range however...but i did see 3 bucks and 4 does....each buck on a different doe chasing them all around. One of the bucks looked injured >=/. This afternoon should be a very interesting afternoon!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 AM

nothing...hunters in my area all over really spooked all the deer. that afternoon was not a good one at all >=/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.