Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Coyotes in hunting area... >

Coyotes in hunting area...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Coyotes in hunting area...

Old 11-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coyotes in hunting area...

What is your opinions of Coyotes in your hunting area while your hunting it? Do you think they spook the deer out of the area or that it wont effect them much?

Jim
Old 11-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Coyotes in hunting area...

I believe that they do have an affect on deer movement, dramatically of the deer are not used to having coyotes around. Example if the coyotes have recently come into the area.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw three coyote harass the hell out of a doe here in VA last year during the rut. SHe looked like she was gonna give up anytime.

shadow
Old 11-04-2007, 07:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

We have coyotes around here as well. I honestly don't think there much of a threat right now. I think they are more of a threat when there's 2 feet of snow on the ground or if its Early June and there having fawns.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:29 PM

The does react harshly to coyotes in the area. I mean they are by nature, a predator of the animal. In PA your allowed to kill a coyote any time of the year and I have shot and killed a coyote with my bow sitting in a stand. It's pretty odd to see one coming into your scents and calls.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a beautiful white coyote come into my mock scrape last week at 10 yds...was a great sight.

shadow
Old 11-04-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

They will flat out ruin a great place in just a few years. I used to have a great place until the yotes moved in. At first the deer were just real skittish, then there seemed to be fewer deer. Three years later, I have hunted this place 8 times and seen one deer. It wasn't unusual to see 6-8 deer just a few years ago.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a spike last week @ 9 yards, a complete pass thru and watched him run about 40 yards away. As he was staggering away a pack of about 15 coyotes came in from downwind-I guess smelling the blood he was pumping out- and had him dragged down, dead, and munching on him within 2 minutes! I wasn't about to confront them with the pack mentality but watched them fascinated & horrified by the sight of watching them attack that that deer.........but the scariest thing was having to listen to that deer SCREAM while being attacked.
Coyotes are on my hit list now.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was heading back from my blind yesterday (taking the scenic route around the property) whenI saw a spike buck. I tried stalking up on him. The wind was in my favor and he never looked my direction. As I was getting close (about 50 yards), something to our right spooked him and he bounded into the woods. Curious, I started scanning the brush to see what had spooked him. I was surpirsed to see a large coyote trotting off in the direction the buck had gone.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take up bowhunting for coyotes. virginiashadow, if I ever had a white coyote come in on me, I'd have me a spectacular looking back quiver made from white coyote fur.

Quick Reply: Coyotes in hunting area...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.