Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Yet another PA Buck on the ground >

Yet another PA Buck on the ground

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Yet another PA Buck on the ground

Old 11-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Host of Hosts

Default Yet another PA Buck on the ground

Well I had the day off yesterday , but didn't get out in the morning at all. I just didn't have the motivation for some reason. I told my wife I was scaring myself by how I was feeling about getting out there. Anyway I jumped in the shower around 1:00 and left for the hunt at 1:30. I stopped by my pro-shop at 2:00 ( it's on the way to my one of my spots) and got to finally shoot the Bowtech General. Sweet!

I left the shop around 2:45 and ended up in my stand at 3.15. I didn't see a thing until about 5:10 when a nice fat doe come in behind me and then bedded down not 30 yards away. There was another deer off in the distance about another 25 yards, but I could only see movement of legs and body. It was hanging out away from the doe and in some thick stuff. After around 10 minutes I heard the other deer grunting and snort wheezing. I knew then it was a buck. After about an hour of watching this doe and listening to this buck they for some reason both got up and bolted out of the area. I got to see a glimpse of the buck and he was a good bodied basket rack 6 to 8.

I thought oh well there's always tommorrow. Then I heard some noise coming from the direction that the deer bolted from. Here came another doe stomping her feet like she wasmarching. I could see that she knew something wasn't right and she even looked up at me a few times. She paraded around me for 10 minutes and then I heard a twig snap behind me. I slowly turned to see a nice buck staring right up at me about 20 yards behind my tree over my left shoulder. I thought Crap I'm busted! He stared for a good couple minutes then followed on the same trail that the doe had just marched though. She was still out in front of me stomping around when he finally made it behind a tree I was able to draw. He stood there for what seemed like 10 minutes behind that tree. It was actually probably less than a minute or two, but you know how it feels to stand at full draw for awhile. So he finally takes another two steps and stops. I let the Gold Tip fly. The luminock light up and I could see the arrow pass right through his boiler room. Double Lung. He turned and bolted about 30 yards and stopped. Stood for a brief time then bolted again. I waited until complete darkness and quietly headed out to the pro-shop to kill some time. I knew I could get some tracking help there. About 2 hrs after I'd shot three of us went back in and found him only 20 more yards from where I'd seen him stop. Here's my first PA archery buck. 10 point 16 15/16 spred.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2007, 02:46 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Yet another PA Buck on the ground

Wow, very cool. A 10 point for your first bow buck. I've been wanting a 10 point my whole life and still don't have one. Congrats!
Old 11-03-2007, 03:49 AM

Nice Nice Nice !!!
Congratulations PAB. That's a cool story. It was meant to be your deer.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go fellow team member! Excellent story!
Old 11-03-2007, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Hey PABuck.... man that is an AWESOME BUCK!
Congratulations to you! Great story... good job!
DW
Old 11-03-2007, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck congrats
Old 11-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

congrats. great story.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome!! Nice Buck!! Great job!!!!
Old 11-03-2007, 07:05 AM
Typical Buck

congrats

Quick Reply: Yet another PA Buck on the ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.