Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sick to my stomach! Gut shot (PICS) >

Sick to my stomach! Gut shot (PICS)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sick to my stomach! Gut shot (PICS)

Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sick to my stomach! Gut shot (PICS)

Well to make a long story short, I had a nice buck (125 - 135" widemainframe 10, I think) 15 yards just before dark, broadside, held my pin just behind the shoulder and pulled the trigger. I saw my arrow fly straight for 10 yards then went left and was wobbling as I could see the Luminock wobbling as I heard the hit. The buck bucked, ran upa hill about 20 yards, I grunted 2 times, then I saw his head go down and his tail tuck under his butt. He then started heading back down the hill angling away taking short fast steps with his back arched up.I knew I hit him but saw it was middle body and in the gut. I took out my flashlight after a bit and tried to figure out what happened. I shined it right at my glowing Luminock and saw 4 or 5 little sappling like things but they didnt have braches or leaves, not sure what they were other than they looked like 8 foot tall sticks. I obvioulsy hit one of them. 2 More steps and he was clear of anything, I just didnt see them as I it was almost dark. My arrow has guts, blood and slime on it. I waited 30 minutes, got my arrow and quietly snuck out. I did hear some crashing around as he went down to the creek below me but Im still pissed at myself. We are going back after 2 freinds hunt in the morning. Its going to ne a loooong night.

Old 11-02-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sick to my stomach! Gut shot

Diesel your in for a sleepless night. Best of luck tomorrow. You did the right thing by not pursuing him, and best case scenario is that he beded down for the night.

I hit a buck back a little last night, and couldn't ever come up with him after hours of searching today.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don't sweat it,those thunderheads will spank him.

Good luck in the morning ,Jim

P.S. make sure you have "every" thing you need for the team pics.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Still a kill shot. You'll find him.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Typical Buck

Dont go in like gang busters tomorrow. I had the same thing happen to me last year. I shot a nice 8 at 4pm, saw him bed down and backed out. Went back at first lite the next morning and did a real slow hunt on the way in to where I shot him. Found arrow, guts and blood on it, and some brownish fluid on ground along with some blood. Followed and lost trail several times over the course of the next 2 hours(its now 9am, 17hrs after shot) before seeing what I thought was him across a small valley watching me. He then slowly trotted away. I backed out again. Found him 2 days later 40yds from where I last saw him. Coyotes got him pretty good, and I'm still sick about it. In hind sight I second guess if it was actually him I saw or another buck and if I just missed finding him the next day. Give good look.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Them Dam no seeums, when you been doing it as long as we have one of them is bound to get ya, I dont care how careful you are!
Had one get me a few years ago, never seen it till after the shot, I almost threw up when I seen the arrow sticking out of the bucks hip as he ran around my tree, Luckily it caught the big artery and he was stiff as a board when I found him right where I seen him last.
Good luck in the morning, if he is dead, Im sure you will find him!
Old 11-02-2007, 06:15 PM

good luck diesel! keep us posted tommorow, im sure youll find him.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck buddy! You did good getting out of there. I'm confident he'll bed down in the thickest nastiest stuff around or near the water. You got skills and friends both will be needed. Hope to hear some good news tomorrow. Try and rest, you got a trying day coming..but you can still win this one! Again, Best of Luck!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:05 PM

Good luck in the morning, he should be there for ya, he prolly didnt go far since you left him.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Spike

GOOD LUCK you will find him be patient and smartin the woods

Quick Reply: Sick to my stomach! Gut shot (PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.