Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Strap one on Kentuckians!!!!! >

Strap one on Kentuckians!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Strap one on Kentuckians!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Strap one on Kentuckians!!!!!

The bucks are really really heating up. The past 5 days on stand I've seen them chasing and yesterday was simply awesome. I just watched a little 6 pointer from the living room window at 1:35 chasing a doe in our side field

Anyone else in Kentucky seein ruttin' activity?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Strap one on Kentuckians!!!!!

I live in Southern Indiana and I saw two bucks chasing a doe on Saturday. I haven't been out since but after tomorow I am on vacation and will be in the woods every day. I am also starting to see deer along the interstate hit by cars, usually a sign things are starting to happen.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get out at all this week. But come sat. morning it's on until Sunday night unless I get one before then.

What part on NKY are you in? I live in Independence, but hunt in Grant co. (dry ridge area) and also in Bracken Co. (Brooksville area).
Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 PM

I live in Grant Co. (Williamstown), hunt where I live and also hunt 100 acres in Dry Ridge off of Baton Rouge Rd.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Spike

I've been out twice this past week and haven't seen any rut activity. I believe that when gets back down in the 30's next week it will be in full swing. I hunt around Taylorsville lake.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:24 AM

No kidding! I hunt off of Mt. Pisgah Rd. I actually park in Mt. Pisgah Church parking lot. If I'm correct I drive right by Baton Rouge Rd. on22.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I'm about another 6 miles down 22 just into Owen county. I haven't been out any this week to see anything. Been trying to get rid of a head cold so I can hunt all next week during my vacation !
Old 11-02-2007, 06:58 AM

Man, talk about a small world.

FYI, I talked to a buddy this morning and the bucks are chasing hard in Boone Co. also. I haven't talked to anyone in Bracken Co. yet, but I'm hopin that its the same down there. That is where I'll be this weekend and next for the gun opener.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:20 AM

Yeah were all pretty close here fellas. MJ23 I also hunt in Boone County in Petersburg. Your buddy wasn't kidding when he said there going at it cause i did an all day hunt on Halloween and saw 2 shooters. Passed on a 130" 10 opint chasing a doe. Had many shot opportunities at does all morning long and saw a total of 10 different bucks and 6 out of the ten had love on their mind.

Good luck and get in the woods!!!!
Old 11-02-2007, 07:55 AM

Don't think for a second that sitting here at work isn't killing me! For the first time in a couple of years I can actually hunt the rut with a full freezer! It makes passing up does a whole lot easier.

Good luck guys!

Quick Reply: Strap one on Kentuckians!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.