Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage 2 blades???? >

Rage 2 blades????

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage 2 blades????

Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rage 2 blades????

I am considering a switch to Rage 2-blade tomorrow. I know it is midseason but I can set them up in an hour and am going to go away from the small hole made by the small 85 grain montec. What kind of things do ya'll have to say about the Rage 2 blades???
Old 10-31-2007, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Rage 2 blades????

From what I've seen and heard, they are incredible! But why switch now, have you had problems with the Montec?
Old 10-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have heard good things about them but would be very leary of switching mid season and then regretting it later when you could hit some serious bone. I would stick with the Montec.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Fork Horn

Just wondering whats the big deal about trying to switch mid season. i would go pick them up and spend some time at the range and see how they fly. If they fly good go for it if not and there needs be be a lot of adjustments hold on to them till next season.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just made the switch from Montecs. I havent had the chance to use them, but I was set up ready to roll and very happy with how they were flying in 30 mintues.

I will be using them this weekend, hopefully be able to come back with a success story. If I don't like them, then my Montecs will be back on.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 AM
Fork Horn

Just shot a nice doe with the Rage 2 Blade. First time ive used them and was more than impressed. It was a double lung shot and it took out 2 ribs on the way in and one of the way out. She didnt make it 50 yards. I wont use anything else.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

Here's a picture of an entry hole of a Rage 2-blade. Let me know if the picture didn't show up. I've never posted a picture and I may have screwed it up.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I switched last weekend from the Montecs to Rage 2 blade, took 30 minutes to confirm set-up. Thebuck I hit with a Montec didn't bleed like it should have, then found out about them being notorious for being a little dull straight out of the box so figured I'd give Rage a try
Old 11-02-2007, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out my link. http://www.broadheadtests.com/NEWHEADS.html

Quick Reply: Rage 2 blades????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.