Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck? >

Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Little girls kill "BIG DOES"
11.11%
I will pass on a "BIG DOE" inorder to harvest a nice 10 point.
41.67%
I wont shoot anything but a trophy (130 class) buck
11.11%
I don't believe in shooting does, does are for little girls.
2.78%
Shooting "BIG DOES" is not a sport!
11.11%
If it's brown it's down. I'll kill anything, even the neighbors dog.
22.22%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Here we go again.....

Old 10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rick James

I guess I'm not sure exactly what you aretrying to accomplish with this thread? Why doyou care what others shoot while they hunt?
Here's Ridge's comment on another thread. This is what started this thread...

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2417958&mpage=2
Old 10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanx GMMAT!!

take some wildlife management classes ridgefactor...

just by reading a couple of your posts id say cool down a bit or.......
Old 10-31-2007, 10:30 AM

Here's a novel idea......

Shoot what you want to and don't worry yourself with what I shoot.

How tough would that be???
BRILLIANT!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

What would you do if: Peak rut was during rifle season, and you knew your neibors would kill anything brown?

I'm curious to know why you care how I hunt MY woods and what I shoot. I'm hunting for myself, not anyone else who is trying to force QDM or any other management plan on me. I (I should say we, my dad and uncles and I) manage my property as we see fit and shoot what WE want to. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you are directing this question at me... I don't mind one bit if someone shoots a small buck, big or little doe, or a fawn. It is their own choice, and if it's legal i won't put up a fuss about it.

I do hunt next to neighbors that kill everything in sight, but i still let the small bucks go cause there is still a chance they wil make it to next year. Again i'm not telling anyone to do anything
Old 10-31-2007, 10:32 AM

Well, I do shoot some of your "Big does" and I also hunt for mature bucks. I take a few does each year to eat, and they are usually mature ones without fawns present. I also pass small bucks in favor of taking a mature buck, and if I dont fill a buck tag, then so be it, I still have meat. These are simply my personal decisions, and if someone wants to shoot it and it makes them happy and its legal, Im happy for them. I think its helped out Missouri hunting by making antlerless tags unlimited in places. JMO.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll kill whatever the hell I want to thank you very much!
Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: dusty_

What would you do if: Peak rut was during rifle season, and you knew your neibors would kill anything brown?

I'm curious to know why you care how I hunt MY woods and what I shoot. I'm hunting for myself, not anyone else who is trying to force QDM or any other management plan on me. I (I should say we, my dad and uncles and I) manage my property as we see fit and shoot what WE want to. Thanks.

I'm not sure if you are directing this question at me... I don't mind one bit if someone shoots a small buck, big or little doe, or a fawn. It is their own choice, and if it's legal i won't put up a fuss about it.

I do hunt next to neighbors that kill everything in sight, but i still let the small bucks go cause there is still a chance they wil make it to next year. Again i'm not telling anyone to do anything
Not directed toward you at all. Sorry bout the misunderstanding. But I agree with you 100%.

I think "if it's brown, it's down" is a Minnesota concept. And all my neighbors bang away at anything, but I also pass on young bucks.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: dusty_

Not directed toward you at all. Sorry bout the misunderstanding. But I agree with you 100%.

I think "if it's brown, it's down" is a Minnesota concept. And all my neighbors bang away at anything, but I also pass on young bucks.

Gottcha, with the gun season this weekend up here, I'm sure there will be a lot of Big Does shot. lol
Old 10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in bama they want us to kill more does because the population is growing out of control and that will hurt the bucks and does.

I believe in hunting for big bucks and once I get the meat I want I kill only the big bucks.

Remember the only trophy that matters iswhat is a trophy to me.

As long as I am not doing anything illegal your opinion should be kept to yourself otherwise your an ignorant jerk.

Bucks only on your property is you choice and your opinion. I respect that even though you don't respect mine.

Quick Reply: Killing a "BIG DOE" or a TROPHY Buck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.