Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Illinois hunters!?!? >

Illinois hunters!?!?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Illinois hunters!?!?

Old 10-30-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Illinois hunters!?!?

Does anyone here hunt or heard of Calhoun County Illinois? Thats where im going hunting for the muzzleloader season in december
Old 10-30-2007, 07:08 PM

Default RE: Illinois hunters!?!?

heard of it, just don't know anything about it!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I heard about it and I also heard that it has produced a lot of nice sized deer.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

You should be in for a real treat. Calhoun is the county directly South of Pike ( I think most people have heard of that one), it is loaded with nice deer. My taxi friend mounts some real monsters from over there every year. depending where exactly you are hunting, it could be river bottom or very steeeeeeeep draws and hollows, to big timber. Calhoun has it all and plenty of deer.

Iwish I owned a couple hundred acres over there. Good Luck and let us know how it works out.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

You should be in for a real treat. Calhoun is the county directly South of Pike ( I think most people have heard of that one), it is loaded with nice deer. My taxi friend mounts some real monsters from over there every year. depending where exactly you are hunting, it could be river bottom or very steeeeeeeep draws and hollows, to big timber. Calhoun has it all and plenty of deer.

Iwish I owned a couple hundred acres over there. Good Luck and let us know how it works out.
Right on, calhoun is just under pike. Big bucks running them hills. You won't see as many deer as you will in Pike but usually when you see a buck he's a nice one.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

I agree 100% with the above 2 posts! Calhoun is loaded with big bucks!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:58 AM
Spike

Calhoun IS the best county in all of Illinois. It kills more deer per sqaure mile then Pike and has just as big of deer in the same density. I live in Jersey and have hunted all the surrounding counties and Calhoun is unbelievable. The only down side is the SEVERE hit of Blue tounge this year. 50-80 percent deer loss in some parts of the county. It is an awesome place though. Good luck!