Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bad shot!! What do yall think?? >

Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Old 10-30-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Bad shot!! What do yall think??

I shot a nice buck tonight. The arrow went clean through, but I hit him about midway back in his body (middle of his body actually). It wasa little high. He ran off not fast but at a good pace. There is a hard surface road between the properties, I found blood going across the road. I was not tracking him, I was going back to the truck and found it on the road. This is at least 120 yds from the shot. Please give me some insight about tracking him. I shot him at 5:45pm. It is now 7:18pm. Do I go and track or what? I have to work tomorrow, I can go tomorrow at about 3:00>
Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Sounds like a liver shot, what did the arrow look like?
Old 10-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Read this........it's been pinned to the top of the forum for months now.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2272257

Also IMO you need tosearch forhim tonight based uponwhateverevidence you find and after waiting the appropriate amount of time. This isn't something you just put off because it's inconvenient or doesn't fit into your work schedule.
Read that thread, figure out how long you want to wait and suck it up........it could be a long night and/ ora sick day tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

You do not need to go work,

It is your responcablity to recover any thing you shoot.Call off and go find your deer.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM

covered with blood , red somewhat dark, no gren or gut smell.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:28 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

I shot a nice buck tonight. The arrow went clean through, but I hit him about midway back in his body (middle of his body actually). It wasa little high. He ran off not fast but at a good pace. There is a hard surface road between the properties, I found blood going across the road. I was not tracking him, I was going back to the truck and found it on the road. This is at least 120 yds from the shot. Please give me some insight about tracking him. I shot him at 5:45pm. It is now 7:18pm. Do I go and track or what? I have to work tomorrow, I can go tomorrow at about 3:00>
To be straight with ya, its one of the worse places to shoot em. They bleed very little. But if you found blood going accross the road 120 yards away, then you have a shot. I myself would wait until 8 or 9 and go back and track in the dark. If you don't find em, go back tomorrow.

Old 10-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like liver with the dark blood you described. I would wait a minumum of 6 hours and go track about midnight. Sounds like it could be a long night. However, you owe it to that animal. Good luck my brother. If it in fact is a liver shot he will die.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:33 PM

I can't call in tomorrow, Im a teacher and we are giving 9 weeks test, to late for me to make a lesson plan, I can go tomorrow at 3:00. But I think I will go back in a little bit. He was trotting off with tail tucked and bleeding pretty good.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yea all the little empty heads will spend their free time smoking crack & molesting small animals with out you. The guilt will be unforgivable.

Go find your deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a liver shot to me. I would wait at least 6 hours and go back in after him tonight since you have obligations in the morning. If it is indeed a liver shot he should be dead.

Quick Reply: Bad shot!! What do yall think??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.