HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Bad shot!! What do yall think?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/215039-bad-shot-what-do-yall-think.html)

childers 10-30-2007 04:56 PM

RE: Bad shot!! What do yall think??

thats not a very good excuse to shoot and kill something and not be prepared to take responsibilities you brought upon yourself. you should not be out hunting if you have circumstances like that. you put down one of gods creatures and you need to respect life for what it is.

schliker 10-30-2007 05:03 PM

hope you find him. good luck

Schultzy 10-30-2007 05:05 PM

Sounds like more of a gut shot to me! Still could be liver though! Both areas will kill the animal. If it was me i would go out tonight till i found the first bed, after thati'd come back in the morning and resume from where you left the blood trail! Make sure you mark it very well on your last blood so you can start off from there in the morning.

Tribal 10-30-2007 05:07 PM

I would go back first light. Do anything but push him. He will certainly be dead and if you dont push him not far from where you saw him last.

bawanajim 10-30-2007 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Sounds like more of a gut shot to me! Still could be liver though! Both areas will kill the animal. If it was me i would go out tonight till i found the first bed,

after thati'd come back in the morning and resume from where you left the blood trail! Make sure you mark it very well on your last blood so you can start off from there in the morning.
That first bed will be the last you find,if he gets upyour chances at finding him are slim at best.

8pt~Bowhunter 10-30-2007 05:12 PM

Liver shots are VERY deadly.;) I made a liver shot on a doe last Friday, andsheonly ran 100 yards before collapsing. (I started tracking her within 15 min.) I would go out right now and try to find him. IMO

Here are the pics...

8pt~Bowhunter 10-30-2007 05:13 PM

Liver....[:-]

BigDaddy12t 10-30-2007 05:19 PM

I dont normally post about stuff like this, but you had no right shooting something knowing that you couldnt go out in the morning to look for it if needed. But goodluck in what ever you do.

MOTOWNHONKEY 10-30-2007 05:24 PM

So every time you hunt you make sure you have the next day off? Please. Just do the best you can. I would look tonight but if you can't go at 3 tomorrow.

Germ 10-30-2007 05:27 PM

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Yea all the little empty heads will spend their free time smoking crack & molesting small animals with out you. The guilt will be unforgivable.

Go find your deer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Were you a poet in a past lifetime?

Where do you live kind sir?(who shot the deer)