Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bucks chasing in Michigan? >

Bucks chasing in Michigan?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bucks chasing in Michigan?

Old 10-29-2007, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bucks chasing in Michigan?

I'm heading to Mid-Michigan for the weekend and am just wondering what I should expect...although what I expect doesn't necessarily ever happen in bowhunting! Are the bucks chasing yet? I'm sure the young'ns have been curios and are pestering the does, but has anyone seen anything decent trailing a doe yet? It should be getting pretty good very soon (hopefully) if it hasn't started to heat up already...
Old 10-29-2007, 05:54 PM

Default RE: Bucks chasing in Michigan?

i am just across the border from detroit in canada, and the bucks arent chasing yet... although i have seen a few scrapes. perhaps by the weekend.. supposedly a good frost thursday night i think.. 35....
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

BrentH I have seen some activity from a nice young 5point who certainly looked like he was starting to Rut.. It should be gearin up real nice soon!!
Old 10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

A few bucks have been chasing but it is just the norm... We needa little while yet. Everyone is getting pretty antsy about the rut being too early this year. Good luck, let us know how ya far. Where is mid-michigan? PM me if you'd like.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Mid-Michigan is just the general area...but to zero in, it is southeastern Saginaw Co. We've got about 200 acres of private ground split up in three seperate chunks within a 2 mile radius of each other that we own. About 70 acres is soybeans, so that leaves 130 acres of woods they could be hiding in! I recently moved to Chicago for work, so my hunting time is definitely limited this season. But, I will be able to hun these next two weekends and then again during gun season from Nov. 15-25! Gotta love how I planned out my last few days of vacation!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I go to school in Adrian MI and have only seen one little spike chasing a doe. That was last weekend, but the doe certainely wasn't ready. I think another or so yet and things will be geared up pretty good!!