Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mrs. Doe Pee

Old 10-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

Default Mrs. Doe Pee

How does it work? Let's hear some reviews. I am interested in the Special Blend. It is esterous and urine, as opposed to the straight esterous, which is $25/ounce. The Blend I looked at was $25 for 4 oz. I thoght that was a little more reasonable.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:22 AM

Default RE: Mrs. Doe Pee

I havent ever used that exact product,so take my opinion with a grain of salt. Studies have shown that doe estrous loses certain characteristics just 2 days after being collected. How long was the stuff in a bottle before you bought it, even if it is this years? As for the Special Blend, what exactly do they blend? What i do think it may do is lure a curious deer to the scent, but it could have the reverse effect just as easily..... been there done that.
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pheromones only last so long..
Old 10-27-2007, 08:48 AM

One of the best things I've used for scents is cutting of the tarsal glands of a doe as close as I can get her to the start of the rut if not already with the rut in progress, and only if she is walking alone. I'll cut if off, package it and then take it home and freeze it. Let it thaw out when I'm ready to use it and now you have an actual, one doe, one scent lure. If you can't get to tarsal glands I've seemed to have the most luck with the 69 estrous. That's also in a relatively normal do to buck ratio like 2 to 1 and so on. When there is so many does running around, your going to have to find something else as a lure. Why would a buck come to your doe lure when he is already following one in heat.